Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Official Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton, undercards RbR discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
    good call 500 mil on amar??
    I'll take that.

Your 500m on Amar to my 500m on Purdy.

Comment

Oh and if Amar does scrap a gift decision then I don't think I will be online for 2 weeks as I go on holiday on Saturday so payment could be delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
        I'll take that.

Your 500m on Amar to my 500m on Purdy.
        done deal..............oh yea if your away on holiday you get your points when you get back and pm me

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          I can't see Brook being caused too many problems to be honest.

Hatton's just not the same level IMO. I'm sure he will put up a good fight as he always does and have a couple of good moments but I expect Brook to stop him at some point.
          Hatton lasted with Alvarez, who's at a much higher class than Brook currently. Hatton knows when to clinch and he could make it a scrappy fight. Brook needs to use his style to trick him and attack in combinations.

Comment

Solid breakdown of a solid card. . . Looking forward to this saturday.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Hatton makes Brook look very average. . . Definitely don't see anything better than a 117-111 type UD for Brook.

Im just not all that impressed with Brook. Nothing about him says world class in the least. . . He has solid fundamental boxer/puncher skills, and that's about it. I'd go as far as saying he's no more than a slightly better version of Matthew Hatton. . . Very lackluster speed and power. . .

Comment

I expect a Brook KO within the first 7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                Solid breakdown of a solid card. . . Looking forward to this saturday.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Hatton makes Brook look very average. . . Definitely don't see anything better than a 117-111 type UD for Brook.

Im just not all that impressed with Brook. Nothing about him says world class in the least. . . He has solid fundamental boxer/puncher skills, and that's about it. I'd go as far as saying he's no more than a slightly better version of Matthew Hatton. . . Very lackluster speed and power. . .
                Brook has lacklustre speed and power?

I agree he doesn't have lightening fast handspeed but its certainly above average. If anything the timing and accuracy of his punches are his best attributes.

Again I feel his power is there, I wouldn't argue with his stoppage record of 18 KO's from 26. Fight against N'Dou, he should have got him out of there, but he put his foot on the gas too late. To be fair to N'Dou though that guy is a solid piece of granite. Jackiewicz and Galarza I thought he could have got rid of earlier too.

That being said, it will be impressive if he KO's Hatton, going the distance with Alvarez at light-middleweight is no easy task. I can see Hatton getting unjustifiably stopped on his feet, the way these referees are edging on the side of caution these days.

Comment

Originally posted by G_Child_123 View Post
                  Brook has lacklustre speed and power?

I agree he doesn't have lightening fast handspeed but its certainly above average. If anything the timing and accuracy of his punches are his best attributes.

Again I feel his power is there, I wouldn't argue with his stoppage record of 18 KO's from 26. Fight against N'Dou, he should have got him out of there, but he put his foot on the gas too late. To be fair to N'Dou though that guy is a solid piece of granite. Jackiewicz and Galarza I thought he could have got rid of earlier too.

That being said, it will be impressive if he KO's Hatton, going the distance with Alvarez at light-middleweight is no easy task. I can see Hatton getting unjustifiably stopped on his feet, the way these referees are edging on the side of caution these days.

Of course his speed and power are above average in regards to the average boxer. . But when comparing Brook to world class boxers, I just don't see it.

I like Brook, and I want to have another name in the mix at WW for competitive fights, but I'm just a little hesitant to label him as such right now.

Nothing screams "world class" based on the level of competition in his fights.

I'll be quite impressed if he stops Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    Of course his speed and power are above average in regards to the average boxer. . But when comparing Brook to world class boxers, I just don't see it.

I like Brook, and I want to have another name in the mix at WW for competitive fights, but I'm just a little hesitant to label him as such right now.

Nothing screams "world class" based on the level of competition in his fights.

I'll be quite impressed if he stops Hatton.
                    That's fair I suppose, his timing and accuracy are definitely up there though.

Presuming he comes through the Hatton fight, he needs that big fight to announce him on the scene. One of the winners of either Jones vs Bailey or Senchenko vs Malignaggi would be good for a world title tilt. Something along the lines of Hatton and his breakthrough performance against Tszyu, not that any of the fighters above are as good as Kostya Tszyu!

The division is definitely in good shape, there are quite a few European fighters who need to get involved in the world mix as well instead of comfy fights at home.

Comment

Originally posted by G_Child_123 View Post
                      That's fair I suppose, his timing and accuracy are definitely up there though.

Presuming he comes through the Hatton fight, he needs that big fight to announce him on the scene. One of the winners of either Jones vs Bailey or Senchenko vs Malignaggi would be good for a world title tilt. Something along the lines of Hatton and his breakthrough performance against Tszyu, not that any of the fighters above are as good as Kostya Tszyu!

The division is definitely in good shape, there are quite a few European fighters who need to get involved in the world mix as well instead of comfy fights at home.
                      Yeah he does have those solid boxer/puncher skills - timing and accuracy as you mentioned - he seems to be very well schooled.

I would love any of the fights you mentioned.

If he breaks through with a win against any of those guys, and he's up for it, I'd like to see a huge all domestic showdown against "THE KING" - amir king KHAAAAAAN. . . (and he's knocking you out!) I don't know if Brook wants taht fight, though, as I don't see any way possible for him to beat Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X