No announcement yet.

Pwill vs JCC Jr Who ya got??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Although Williams won the fight 12-0 or 11-1 yesterday, he got touched up and at times muscled around against a Japanese journeyman.

The fight went the entire 12 rounds, against someone he probably would have smoked out in his prime in 7 rounds.

Williams lacks a whole lot of power in my opinion at 154, got smoked out at 160 and fighting JCC, who'll weigh 180 and has power. I don't see how it'll end well

If you have belief in him, that is good, but don't bet the farm on it. JCC will smile at those arm slaps he was throwing yesterday and finish him off
    I hear ya, but when has chavez demonstrated HE has the power to do that

Comment

As long as Williams uses his feet and throws a lot of punches, he can win. There's a reason why Chavez always gets put in with slow fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        How disrespectful! How dare you ask this question!!!

Paul Williams got KO'd by Sergio Martinez! Sergio Martinez!!! Pathetic. And then he lost to Lara!

JCC JR is undisputed and undefeated. 45 men have tried, 45 men have failed. There is no remedy. There is no antidote.

Comment

It'd be a good fight. Williams is not in his prime anymore, but he's still a good fighter. Still has good hand speed, still has a good work rate, and stamina. But, his chin is suspect of course.

This would actually be a good fight. Chavez hasn't been in with someone that has the hand speed that Williams has. And yes, Ishida touched up Williams a few times in that fight, even though Williams shut him out. But, Williams did prove that he's NOT SHOT, like many morons were calling him. He just got KO'd by Sergio and was out classed by Lara in their fight. He lost to guys that were just better. I'd still bet on Paul Williams to beat Vanes, Delvin, Rosado, Molina, Alvarez, Bundrage, and have a decent shot to beat Kirkland, because Kirkland still has a suspect chin of course, and Willaism speed would be a problem for James.

Williams is still a good fighter and he deserves to be in the RING Top 10 Super Welterweights. He's not prime but he's still good and capable of winning good fights.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 02-19-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            How disrespectful! How dare you ask this question!!!

Paul Williams got KO'd by Sergio Martinez! Sergio Martinez!!! Pathetic. And then he lost to Lara!

JCC JR is undisputed and undefeated. 45 men have tried, 45 men have failed. There is no remedy. There is no antidote.
            Are you being serious with this post??

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              It'd be a good fight. Williams is not in his prime anymore, but he's still a good fighter. Still has good hand speed, still has a good work rate, and stamina. But, his chin is suspect of course.

This would actually be a good fight. Chavez hasn't been in with someone that has the hand speed that Williams has. And yes, Ishida touched up Williams a few times in that fight, even though Williams shut him out. But, Williams did prove that he's NOT SHOT, like many morons were calling him. He just got KO'd by Sergio and was out classed by Lara in their fight. He lost to guys that were just better. I'd still bet on Paul Williams to beat Vanes, Delvin, Rosado, Molina, Alvarez, Bundrage, and have a decent shot to beat Kirkland, because Kirkland still has a suspect chin of course, and Willaism speed would be a problem for James.

Williams is still a good fighter and he deserves to be in the RING Top 10 Super Welterweights. He's not prime but he's still good and capable of winning good fights.
              While I agree with ya post,I don't understand why Pwill can't tighten up his game??It's like he is not willing to learn or grow as a fighter,I just don't get that about him..But I just see Pwill and JCC Jr as a great scrap,neither really uses defense..They use offense as their defense tbh,they both have high work rates and both love to move forward...Match made in heaven imo...

Comment

Williams is done, but I think he wins anyway. Jr has fought 45 bums and his record should really be 42-3 but since everyone poll jocks his father, the journeymen don't stand a chance in getting a fair shake by the judges.
                Last edited by -Huey-; 02-19-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  Williams is done, but I think he wins anyway. Jr has fought 45 bums and his record should really be 43-3 but since everyone poll jocks his father, the journeymen don't stand a chance in getting a fair shake by the judges.
                  Who should he have lost to??I don't remember seeing those fights...I know Alvarez was lucky against Gomez(truly bad stoppage)but I don't recall the bad fight for JCC Jr..

Comment

Jr. will walk him down. Too much weight too much body punching Williams never looked good at 160 even against Wright he got caught and wobbled. Yes we are talking about feather fisted Wright. PWill better stay at 154 and try to land a fight against Canelo. I think that's his best option for big money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Well as everybody knows, I am the Punishers biggest fan, however I do not think he can beat a 180lb pound man on fight night. I will root for him regardless.

2 years ago I'd bet on him. Now, I'll simply root for him all day.
                      I can respect that...

Comment

Working...
                      X