• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So people paid to see Mayorga stick his chin out and do crouch slams

Comment

Bring on the likes of Chris Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
        It went as expected, Mosley should match himself wisely if he plans to continue, but he best get back down to 147. Mosley's record is 48-9-1 (40 KO's) too Boxingscene damn!
        It almost feels like I've seen every fight he didn't score a KO in.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          Mayorga is like that ugly chick you hook up with when you want to feel good about yourself.
          Dude...if hooking up with ugly chicks makes you feel good about yourself then you seriously need to try hooking up with a hottie...you're not going to believe how good you can feel about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
            I think Mosley should stay away from the young bucks and try to get fights with old timers like himself.

I think he beats a couple of the young guys but I don't know if he should go for a title shot, I don't like to see older fighters get hurt to make money after they fought all their lives for it and got robbed by a crooked promoter or a gold digger.
            This right here. ^^^ I knew what I was buying. I bought it because both guys worked their ass off and ended up being fkd out of a comfortable retirement (It's their own fault, yes, but I'm a boxing fan. You won't see me spending money on over-the-hill tennis pros).

However, it was overpriced.

Will not pay 60 bucks again(HD).

Next time make it 30 bucks or add a 5-10 bucks live stream if you can't give me a better deal through cable tv.

Finally, there are quite a few "former" types out there looking to fight on. Match em up right and put em on PBC or some of the lesser networks that might be willing to show boxing; Tru TV,El Rey, Spike, etc. Bet they do ok relative to what those outlets are accustomed to.

'Nother thing: Don't lecture on "ending sexism in boxing" and then have a girl championship with 2 minute rounds. They might have ended up with other than a draw if they had actually embraced "equality" and made the rounds 3 minutes.

Bet the ladies that fought agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
              Best I've seen Mosley since his Margarito fight
              ya he looked like he was back on the juice thats for sure but lets be honest does it really count when the guy is sticking his chin out letting u hit him?

Comment

Damn, am I glad I didn't waste $50 on this mess! If Mosley keeps fighting, I really hope it's not because he has to.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  And so begins the senior circuit, where PEDs will be allowed. Mosley vs Trinidad, Dela Hoya, Marquez, Judah, and Margarito. Probably get Roy Jones and James Toney to start being on his undercards.
                  As long as they are fighting each other I have no problem it. In fact, I like it.

These guys like Mosley and Ricardo, they aren't in the best of financial situations and they are fighting for money. I'm not gonna hate on a man for trying to make a living, especially guys like Shane who has been boxing since he was a little kid and it's all he knows. I'm sure it's hard to be trained in only one thing your entire life and then be expected to transition into the normal world and make money. He probably doesn't have the slightest clue how to do that and it's not like he has any experience or training in any thing else. What is Shane Mosley going to do, become a real-estate agent or telemarketer? To put it simply his options at honest payday are limited to the following: boxing. That's it.

So he fights Mayorga for some money. Fine with me. Two past prime irrelevant fighters, no belts, no divisional rankings, it's not on any network wasting yearly budgets- it's on an independent PPV where no one is forced to watch it and the only people ordering the PPV where fans of Mosley and/or Mayorga. Right where it should be.

I'd much prefer to have these old washed up guys fight each other in circus acts versus fighting some up & comers just using them for the name value and kick their butts. Have the senior citizens tour, by all means.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    As long as they are fighting each other I have no problem it. In fact, I like it.

These guys like Mosley and Ricardo, they aren't in the best of financial situations and they are fighting for money. I'm not gonna hate on a man for trying to make a living, especially guys like Shane who has been boxing since he was a little kid and it's all he knows. I'm sure it's hard to be trained in only one thing your entire life and then be expected to transition into the normal world and make money. He probably doesn't have the slightest clue how to do that and it's not like he has any experience or training in any thing else. What is Shane Mosley going to do, become a real-estate agent or telemarketer? To put it simply his options at honest payday are limited to the following: boxing. That's it.

So he fights Mayorga for some money. Fine with me. Two past prime irrelevant fighters, no belts, no divisional rankings, it's not on any network wasting yearly budgets- it's on an independent PPV where no one is forced to watch it and the only people ordering the PPV where fans of Mosley and/or Mayorga. Right where it should be.

I'd much prefer to have these old washed up guys fight each other in circus acts versus fighting some up & comers just using them for the name value and kick their butts. Have the senior citizens tour, by all means.
                    He could train young fighters. He could also work occasionally as a higher-priced sparring partner. Or, his homie ODLH could get him in on the business side of the sport and stay out of the ring altogether. Charging PPV to see him vs other over-the-hill fighters is just sad. Also, if his ex is really a bigamist, he should hire the right lawyer to get some of that $6 mill divorce settlement back.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      He could train young fighters. He could also work occasionally as a higher-priced sparring partner. Or, his homie ODLH could get him in on the business side of the sport and stay out of the ring altogether. Charging PPV to see him vs other over-the-hill fighters is just sad. Also, if his ex is really a bigamist, he should hire the right lawyer to get some of that $6 mill divorce settlement back.
                      He has a lawyer and is currently involved in legal issues with his ex, where you think most his money went.

PPV was the only way to make this fight. HBO, SHO and other networks aren't going to pay Mosley to have him on their networks, so the only way to pay for the event and purses is to put this on an independent PPV. If you're a fan of Mosley and/or Mayorga, you may have bought it, if not, you didn't. It's really that simple and it's not hurting any of the fans here. He's just trying to earn a living, I'm not going to fault him for that.

And yeah, I'd like to see Shane get involved into something else to make money but again that transition is difficult and with all of his problems he probably needs the money right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X