No announcement yet.

"but hes only 23 years. hes still a young guy."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "but hes only 23 years. hes still a young guy."

Oh really? Let's take a look at what other guys have done at 23.

At the age of 23, Erik Morales was fighting the best possible opponent in his division, Marco Antonio Barrera. He didn't skip out on the fight or the division to fight a guy with 7 kos. He manned up and signed on to fight one of the best in the world, at 23. I don't recall anyone saying "he's only 23 ". They were asking to see if he was ready for the next level. He was, and a legend was born.

Comment

another ****ing thread like this?? smh

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Khan got **** for fighting Malignaggi when he was 23. That Malignaggi was poor, but the current version is shot and useless.

'He young' is currently the worst excuse in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Yes geek. It is time for you to stop posting in this thread
          This thread is for fighters who weren't afraid to fight the best at 23 years old or younger.

Let's highlight another.

Fernando Vargas. Revered among boxing fans worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
            Oh really? Let's take a look at what other guys have done at 23.

At the age of 23, Erik Morales was fighting the best possible opponent in his division, Marco Antonio Barrera. He didn't skip out on the fight or the division to fight a guy with 7 kos. He manned up and signed on to fight one of the best in the world, at 23. I don't recall anyone saying "he's only 23 ". They were asking to see if he was ready for the next level. He was, and a legend was born.
            i made a thread about this very subject about floyd's career.

The very first legit hall of famer he fought was a shot past prime oscar at 154. Floyd was in his 30s already.

If you look at ALMOST ALL TRUE LEGENDARY FIGHTERS they all fought their first legit hall of fame opponent in their 20s.

It took floyd well into his early 30s to face a legit hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              another ****ing thread like this?? smh

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Bounce then. You didn't have to read it and you didn't have to post in it. Now if you can't list a fighter who was making great fights at that age or younger, you're gone.

Comment

Everyone is different! Everyone has their OWN calander!
                Wilder is 27, thats a young heavyweight, he has some accomplishments in the amatuers but not alot of fights! He has 27 bouts and is staying active and I'd guess they'll move up fairly soon.
                Broners body is going through a maturation and I think he and his team are just going with the flow for now. Booking the best fights in HIS interests and not being concerned with weight class weights or any demands! I think this kid will be settled in at 147 by the time he's 25 yrs old. He'll be short in height but has a terrific upper body and will need to improve his stamina to be able to go 12 strong rounds. Right now I doubt he could handle it.
                This is a fun kid to watch grow up in boxing I have no idea why anyone would think he's not skilled his talents are easy to see! Next will be the distance while fighting hard and ofcourse getting rattled and over coming that adversity! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Khan got **** for fighting Malignaggi when he was 23. That Malignaggi was poor, but the current version is shot and useless.

'He young' is currently the worst excuse in the sport.
                  It is the worst. Being 17 didn't stop Wilfred Benitez from becoming world champ in an era of not having 8 champs per division.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Everyone is different! Everyone has their OWN calander!
                    Wilder is 27, thats a young heavyweight, he has some accomplishments in the amatuers but not alot of fights! He has 27 bouts and is staying active and I'd guess they'll move up fairly soon.
                    Broners body is going through a maturation and I think he and his team are just going with the flow for now. Booking the best fights in HIS interests and not being concerned with weight class weights or any demands! I think this kid will be settled in at 147 by the time he's 25 yrs old. He'll be short in height but has a terrific upper body and will need to improve his stamina to be able to go 12 strong rounds. Right now I doubt he could handle it.
                    This is a fun kid to watch grow up in boxing I have no idea why anyone would think he's not skilled his talents are easy to see! Next will be the distance while fighting hard and ofcourse getting rattled and over coming that adversity! Ray.
                    The excuse might work, if had not already won a title. We seen this same story with Berto. "He's still developing". Sorry, but if you're good enough to win titles, you're good enough to make the best matchups.

Comment

Working...
                    X