No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward Names Pavlik as Possible Foe, Talks Move To 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward vs. Rodiquez Would Rock

Tune into HBO this sat. night to see Edwin Rodriquez (21-0) dominate....using the tools Ronnie Shield is arming him with. He'll be a capable opponent for Ward within a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      What about Bute? I don't understand this idea that because Froch blitzed Bute that it counts on Ward's resume...
      It would make no sense for Ward to go after Bute after he was just wiped out by Froch and the WAY he was wiped out. Bute needs to worry about avenging that loss before he does anything (and i don't think he can beat Carl even on his best day). The significance in that fight couldn't have dropped any lower.

Comment

I don't understand why Ward didn't take the fight with Sad Chad at 175? If he had done so his only problem at the moment would be deciding what division to stay in.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
          I believe that he beats Dawson at 175, too. Just saying there are not a lot of options out there for Ward and taking on and defeating Dawson at LHW will further solidify his standing as the best (Or second best) P4P fighter in the world.
          I agree

But the irony is that Ward beat up Dawson soo bad that I dont think Dawson ever want to taste such a bad beating again.
          Dawson looked damaged both physically and mentally.
          Dawson is the only soul that knows if the weight affected him, and if he knew that it was the reason he got bullyed and knocked out he would have cryed rematch and been all over saying the weight affected him.

Ward is soo good people dont understand it, and try and downplay his opponents, yet all the guys he dominated in the supersix have won belts and and not lost since.

Also remember Ward fought as a light heavy in the amatures, and he will also be packing bigger guns and fighting at a weight he is used to.
          Last edited by 110110110; 09-23-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

What about Bute? I don't understand this idea that because Froch blitzed Bute that it counts on Ward's resume...
            Wait so Pavlik is a terrible opponent but somehow Bute isnt? How about Bute makes himself relevant again. He talked a big game then well Froch shut his mouth.

No one said it counts on Wards resume. It doesnt.

He doesnt need Bute on his resume. That fight has ZERO appeal to anyone with out the last name Bute. Stop it with that Bute shyt he got his ass bent over. How about he tries to avenge that loss first.
            Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-23-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Dirk did you know Bute is fighting the guy that knocked out Sillakh? He might not even win that fight.

Why are you propping him up. No one is buying it.

Comment

I guess, I never thought much of Bute to be honest, overrated and hyped. Just wouldn't look good right now if Ward chose him as an opponent, he'd need to win a decent fight at least.

Comment

dont think this fight makes much sense. ward would destroy him in a couple of rounds. i'd rather see ward with dirrell, bute , or up at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by tripper View Post
                    dont think this fight makes much sense. ward would destroy him in a couple of rounds. i'd rather see ward with dirrell, bute , or up at LHW.
                    Ward would most likely own Pavlik but Pavlik's very tough and Ward ain't a big puncher, I certainly don't see a ko.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Unified champion Andre Ward continued his dominance over the Super Middleweight division as he defeated Light Heavyweight champion Chad Dawson in front of his hometown on September 8th. He even managed to put an exclamation point on it as he became the first fighter to ever stop Dawson.

As Ward continues to prove he is truly one of the top elite fighters in the sport right now, he’s run into one little problem; he’s cleaned out his division. [Click Here To Read More]
                      Ward is really in a tough position. He cleaned out one division completely. He cannot move down in weight. Lt Heavy is a ghost town. How can they at this point find a credible opponent for this guy? He is king of his hill and nobody is around to even challenge him? He has cleaned out everyone worth a damn.

Comment

Working...
                      X