Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this passing cuts to domestic programs all about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this passing cuts to domestic programs all about?

Read it all here: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/19/ho...ec1_lnk3|45190

WASHINGTON - Jolted to action by deficit-conscious newcomers, the Republican-controlled House agreed early Saturday to cut $61 billion from hundreds of federal programs and shelter coal companies, oil refiners and farmers from new government regulations.

By a 235-189 vote, largely along party lines, the House sent the bill to the Senate, where it faces longer odds, and defied a veto threat from President Barack Obama.

Passage of the legislation was the most striking victory to date for the 87 freshman Republicans elected last fall on a promise to attack the deficit and reduce the reach of government. Three Republicans joined Democrats in opposing the measure.

"The American people have spoken. They demand that Washington stop its out-of-control spending now, not some time in the future,"
    said freshman Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan.

The $1.2 trillion bill covers every Cabinet agency through Sept. 30, when the current budget year ends. It imposes severe spending cuts on domestic programs and foreign aid. Targets include schools, nutrition programs, environmental protection, and heating and housing subsidies for the poor.

Like I have said before, I am politically-challenged and only understand a few things being said here. Can some one explain to me wtf is going on here, like a quick thug-like summary to help me understand? All these political terms have me confused, I only understand that part I bolded.

If this has been posted before, my bad, I just got on.

Comment

The Republicans are on the frontline in the war on the poor. Nevermind all the overpaid politicians and 6 figure luncheons we need to try to get our money from the people who can least afford it.

Comment

It means that the reactionary Republicans want to impose austerity on the people of the United States to help their banker friends on wall street by forcing them to pay for the depression that the bankers created.

Its a fallacy since the debt is in the quadrillions thanks to the derivate black hole. So no matter how much you gut the American people through taxes, destroy whats left of the unions and how many social programs are cut, it will make no impact on the debt whatsoever.

In short, you're being fucked in the ass with no lube.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
          The Republicans are on the frontline in the war on the poor. Nevermind all the overpaid politicians and 6 figure luncheons we need to try to get our money from the people who can least afford it.
          This is absolutely the case.

Comment

I heard about the cuts to planned parenthood,absolutely ******ed,the only people who will suffer from it are the children.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              I heard about the cuts to planned parenthood,absolutely ******ed,the only people who will suffer from it are the children.
              They'll probably put the resultant leap in teen pregnancy down to not enough bible study.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                On the war against the poor? I see, and with this bill, they basically won this battle against the poor? So now wtf is gonna happen? Shit is gonna get worse than it already is? This doesn't look too good.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Except all the ones that get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
                    It means that the reactionary Republicans want to impose austerity on the people of the United States to help their banker friends on wall street by forcing them to pay for the depression that the bankers created.

Its a fallacy since the debt is in the quadrillions thanks to the derivate black hole. So no matter how much you gut the American people through taxes, destroy whats left of the unions and how many social programs are cut, it will make no impact on the debt whatsoever.

In short, you're being fucked in the ass with no lube.
                    So this cut was basically to cut the debt that the U.S. is in, but they only target things that benefit the poor? That's messed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X