No announcement yet.

Dexter Season 5 Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Season 5 Discussion

Anyone else been looking forward to this?

I've only watched the first two seasons, plus the last couple of episodes of season 4.

Just saw the Season 5 premiere.

Spoiler (text is in white, highlight it if you want to see it):

I don't get why he killed the dude in the bathroom. I thought Dexter had a code...? I thought he only kills people that he is sure are killers themselves....?

(end of spoiler)

And judging from the Season 5 premiere, there's no way it's on the level of Season 1. I've read that Season 1 was based on a novel, while the following Seasons were written on the fly, and it definitely shows.

Anyway I thought Season 1 was very good. Well written, well crafted. Season 2 started out decent, but then that psycho b!tch started to get over the top, and the last few episodes of Season 2 seemed rushed, sloppy, and amateurish, like the producers/directors/etc were scrambling to meet a deadline. Or maybe they just ran out of ideas...? So the end of Season 2 turned me off to the show, so I didn't bother watching seasons 3 or 4 (except for the last couple of episodes of s4).

Overall I thought the s5 premiere was pretty underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM-134 View Post
      I've only watched the first two seasons, plus the last couple of episodes of season 4.

I don't get why he killed the dude in the bathroom. I thought Dexter had a code...? I thought he only kills people that he is sure are killers themselves....?

(end of spoiler)

And judging from the Season 5 premiere, there's no way it's on the level of Season 1. I've read that Season 1 was based on a novel, while the following Seasons were written on the fly, and it definitely shows.

Anyway I thought Season 1 was very good. Well written, well crafted. Season 2 started out decent, but then that psycho b!tch started to get over the top, and the last few episodes of Season 2 seemed rushed, sloppy, and amateurish, like the producers/directors/etc were scrambling to meet a deadline. Or maybe they just ran out of ideas...? So the end of Season 2 turned me off to the show, so I didn't bother watching seasons 3 or 4 (except for the last couple of episodes of s4).

It's really an accumalative type series where each episode builds on the next. Without season 3 or 4 i don't imagine you'd grasp the significance of Rita.

Ya episode 1 for season 5 started slow but it had to due to how things left off but i imagine this season will have a great deal of **** going on since Dexter's cover is essentially gone (family man persona)

spolier Q

Ya that certianly didn't fit his code, that was the point i imagine. To show how fuked up he was after what happened to Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM-134 View Post

(end of spoiler)

Season 4 was my favorite. I honestly couldn't believe they could top Season 1. The Ice Truck Killer was my favorite.

I expected the Season 5 Premiere to be a little underwhelming. With the big blow off ending from Season 4, they really had to put some closure on the Season 5 premiere. So I am not really disappointed. They could only put so much in one episode.

Speaking of the code, you really should watch Season 3.

Comment

That scene when Dexter screamed out of rage was epic. I always thought that he loved her. Did that guy he killed in the restroom deserved it?
          Last edited by Carpe Diem; 09-27-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
            That scene when Dexter screamed out of rage was epic. I always thought that he loved her. Did that guy he killed in the restroom deserved it?
            I got goosebumps during part. He definitely didn't deserve it, but he showed his human side. That killing was very important for the show at this point.

The writing is so awesome that you know Dexter really loved Rita, even though his actions and even thoughts didn't show any emotion towards her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Anyone else been looking forward to this?

Best show on television, in my opinion. Been waiting restlessly for this since Rita was killed and a fan since season 1. First episode was a bit slow but I still have an over whelming sense of anticipation.

Comment

Robo Cop is in this season.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Best show on television, in my opinion. Been waiting restlessly for this since Rita was killed and a fan since season 1. First episode was a bit slow but I still have an over whelming sense of anticipation.
                  This is the last season too is it not? Doakes, Rita etc the writers have never been afraid to do drastic stuff so this season better be epic.

- Dexter going away to prison with a dozen life sentences
                  - getting killed himself
                  - moving and starting a new life somewhere else after he somehow manages to avoid being discovered completely.

those are the only 3 ending i can see happening. 1 or 2 imo.

the one thing that is a must imo is Deb finding out everything about Dexter. I want to see how she reacts to that and what she ultimately does.

Comment

I love playing these soundtracks when i'm driving at night.

Comment

Working...
                    X