DiBella 100% non-commital on Taylor's next move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiBella 100% non-commital on Taylor's next move

From the site that talks boxing...

"Jermain wants to get back in the ring as soon as possible, and he wants a major fight. There are a bunch of guys in the kicker, but nothing is done yet. Basically, you can look at the top 168 pounders, and figure out that there's only about a half dozen guys that are major challengers, and that's even if you move up to 175 and fight Glen Johnson at a catchweight. It's going to be someone from amoung that pool of guys, and we're going to make a decision as quickly as possible. Totally honestly, nothing is done yet, as we're on the record."

-Lou DiBella
    That doesn't sound like someone who's on the verge of signing his fighter to a title fight against Carl Froch... I mean, ****, he just opened up the potential opponent list to half of the division.

I'm hoping he's just being coy and trying to squeeze more money out of Froch's people, or playing hardball in order to get the fight in the U.S.... but I've got my doubts.

If Taylor fights anyone at 168 other than Froch, Kessler, or Bute, DiBella's wasting his fighter's time and wasting our time. He's the #1 challenger for the WBC belt; he doesn't need to be wasting his time fighting other challengers.

MAKE THE FIGHT, DIBELLA!

Taylor should just fight Froch. Winnable fight where he can look good and grab his next belt.

Comment

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that DiBella is seriously talking to Roy Jones. RJJ just announced he wants a fight in late March, which is exactly when Taylor's looking to fight. Also, RJJ has been expressing interest in a Taylor fight.

Jones/Taylor would be a waste of everyone's time, IMO. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Comment

The networks don't seem to be interested in Froch-Taylor for some reason, even the UK networks seem down on the idea of that fight, I don't know why because a fight between them would probably be a very good one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up fighting Jones or Johnson at a catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          The networks don't seem to be interested in Froch-Taylor for some reason, even the UK networks seem down on the idea of that fight, I don't know why because a fight between them would probably be a very good one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up fighting Jones or Johnson at a catchweight.
          Showtime reportedly offered Taylor/Froch a March 28th date... with Froch's people rejecting it saying he needed more time for his ribs to heal following the Pascal fight.

That rumor is from Michael Marley's site, FWIW.

Comment

all froch needs is a couple US televised fights, just like calzaghe and hatton.

Comment

Dude, look around at all the Froch-Taylor articles on the net. Froch wants a 70/30 type split in his favor. The guy is a delusional idiot. No sense trying to reason with someone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
                Showtime reportedly offered Taylor/Froch a March 28th date... with Froch's people rejecting it saying he needed more time for his ribs to heal following the Pascal fight.

Froch said that was a bull**** rumor, his ribs are fine and he wants to fight Taylor.

Taylor needs to stop ducking Froch!

Comment

Nah, the word going around is that Froch is asking for too much money and that the networks don't have much interest in the fight either so maybe it'll head to a purse bid but I think Taylor will end up fighting the bigger names like Jones or Johnson.

Comment

Marley and Froch have been doing alot of verbal sparring recently

pretty funny

Comment

Working...
                    X