Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz- Where are his muscles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm certain Juan has muscles but it's concealed under that fatty layer. Without the flab, he'd probably be at super feather at the weigh-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      Weights wont improve his power.
      Yes it can......but will sacrifice his speed.

Comment

juan diaz already incorporates srength training, it was in one of the issues of ring magazine, it had his training routine and twice a week he would strength train.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Weights wont improve his power.
          exactly. although i'm sure he does some weight training, lifting is not the key to developing punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrimp E View Post
            I think Juan Diaz is an awesome fighter. He brings everything to the table except power. He has awesome stamina, great defense and is always bringing crazy combinations. But can you just imagine how much better he would be if he lifted some weights. Now I know a lot you out there might say, “Oh if he gets to big then it will slow him down” or “Just because you have muscles does not mean you are a better fighter.” All I am saying is can some one please show Juan Diaz the weight room or hook him up with a membership to 24 hours. I think if he had a stronger upper body then maybe he could of finished Nate Campbell and maybe wore down Michael Katsidis in a earlier rounds. Do you any of yall agree? If not please tell me why?

p.s - I am not hating on him. I big fan of his and I wish him the best and hope he gets all of his titles back and becomes the Super Undisputed Light Weight Champion including the Ring Belt.
            his muscles are beneath all that blubber.

Comment

Perhaps it because he's still young or he doesn't want to drain himself to make weight? Whatever the reason I think it's safe to say he will be able to make 135 for a long time.

Comment

Punching power comes from the legs and shoulders, so bulking up would do nothing really to improve Diaz's power, and may even be detrimental, as it would likely reduce his speed of movement...

Comment

Working...
                X