No announcement yet.

Initial reports are 10 dead in Oregon college shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    That was my impersonation of the american gun nuts on here.
    Ditto.........

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I love how it's never a combination of things, it's either BECAUSE OF GUNS or BECAUSE OF MENTAL HEALTH.

How about this......maybe just maybe it's a combination of guns and mental health, I don't know......just a thought
      Obama did address that:

Obama said. "But we are not the only country on Earth that has people with mental illnesses who want to do harm to other people. We are the only advanced country on Earth that sees these kinds of mass shootings every few months."
      Common denominator? access to firearms.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        They have armed guards in newark public schools... you don't see shit getting all crazy in those schools.
        if an armed white boy goes into any Newark school he's the one that's got to be careful

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Obama did address that:

Common denominator? access to firearms.
          Bro, I'm with you. I'm by NO MEANS a gun nut. I think certain guns definitely need to be banned from everyday civilians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            Gun Control? Really? What a ******ed and simplistic view to what is happening. As if the crazy ****ers wouldn't have went on YouTube and built a homemade bomb or something. Found a gun illegally etc.

Use your heads. Why don't we make alcohol illegal? Why don't we tell anyone who ever crashes a car never drive again? Let's ban fast food restaurants. Cigs, over the counter drugs,etc. All of which do far more damage in our society.

Guns have nothing to do with the lack of awareness on mental disabilities in this country. Or the gang bangers in Chicago. Or just stupid ****ing people. You can't punish 99%for the 1%of abusers.

do you have any concept of the variation in difficulty between building a homemade bomb and buying a gun in america? any concept of the relevance in the variation in level of difficulty?

Comment

• so he was a white supremacist???

that organization just keeps taking Ls after L's,what a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                You missed the point I was making which was that there would always be some other explanation other than the proliferation of guns, simply because these people don't want to give up their guns and will use any argument they can, however illogical, to hold onto them.

To quote the title of the article I posted earlier in the thread:

Sidenote, even someone who has officially been given a clean bill of mental health can flip and go on a shooting spree if he has the means to do so.

the title of that ariticle makes me sick. it is spot on.

i do think gun control is coming. young people are generally more progressive. old people vote. i think in my lifetime that we'll start to see meaningful legislation against guns. i can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  Time to issue students guns with their books and maybe flak jackets and helmets as well. Gotta love that second amendment. Guns for everyone!!!

So glad we have gun laws in Canada.
                  "A well regulated militia."

Where does that say guns for everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0af3706dff6b8

Not bad. Think you can hit 200 before the third anniversary in December?

Link to more stories about US mass shootings than your mind can handle...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/mass-shootings/
                    terrible joke. Go fuck yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      typical, stupid american attitude.

mass shootings are not bound to occur. in other parts of the civilized world, they do not happen with frequency!

there are too many guns in this country. gun control is coming.
                      Sadly, we've had this discussion before. Ironically, in every successive mass shooting tragedy the gun folks in this country seem to become more entrenched in their 2nd 'mendment beliefs. And in every tragedy we become more numb to and indifferent to them.

The status quo is the only thing that is gonna prevail.

Comment

Working...
                      X