No announcement yet.

The Ring Magazine Has Totally Sucked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ring Magazine Has Totally Sucked

I stopped subscribing from Ring mag for about 2 years now. I bought 2 since then. Was gonna buy the latest edition with Danny Garcia as the cover. Looking at the Pac-Rios section, they have a breakdown of things such as speed, chin, experience, power, foot movement, etc....There were more than 10(12-15) of breakdowns, in 2 pages. The 1st page, was reading it till i got to the last 4. Instead of Pac and Rios being compare who has an advantage, the fighters mentioned were Mayweather and Canelo.

If it was 1, i understand the mistake but at least 4.

When members here are saying Ring mag has totally went down hill, my opinion was opposite, they were still doing good. But the last couple of mags(I read it in bookstores/newstand), it totally sucked. And the latest one proved it.

Glad i stop subscribing.

Yea, I stopped buying that ish.

Comment

I caught that too, must have some fifth graders as editors

Comment

true, I've bought the last 3 in a row because I liked the covers, but the content is mainly bull**** analysis of what casual fans already know.. I'll probably keep buying it, being an ignorant, dickriding, UFC-hating boxing fanboy..

Comment

I subscribed for over twenty five years. Believe me the magazine dropped off years ago when it quit it's extensive coverage of fights. It became "the People Magazine" of boxing and focused on stories and the drama about boxers rather than extensive details of fights around the world. Ring became a mirror of KO magazine and I believe Bert R. Sugar took over "Boxing Illustrated" and made it more like the old RING.
          Last edited by TBear; 11-23-2013, 03:16 AM.

Comment

They make so many mistakes in that magazine. I still have my subscription, but almost every mag you can find mistakes. Editor really needs to step his game up.

Comment

I can't even find it now that I'm not living in NYC, but the last few times I bought it, it offered me nothing. It was like espn for boxing.

It use to be informative about things going on in boxing that I had no clue about. Prospects, Business, etc.

Now it's just espn.

Comment

I used to love this magazine. Got all excited everytime a new one arrived in my mail box. When the owners cleaned house I quit. Content went downhill. I can overlook tons of errors, but it offered me nothing. No real insight and even the history of boxing article about oldschool fighters went downhill.

Comment

Working...
                X