Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Cotto or Cotto-Canelo, WHO'S THE B-SIDE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends who has a belt and what weight their fighting at. If Cotto fights Martinez, which I think is the goal. Then it'll be Cotto if he wins, Canelo is going to fight Molina and he wins then I think he fights the Lara/Trout winner, followed by Cotto (win or lose to Sergio). If Cotto wins the Middleweight belt and thats what him and Canelo fight for, then Cotto is the A-side. It's all marketing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
      So hypothetically Cotto can be the star of the show but Canelo gets paid the same amount or even more...damn!
      Cotto deserves more money, he deserves to be the star on the bill. Honestly who has ginger head beat. Cotto is a proven draw on ppv, I think canelos ppv run is over. I can't wait for glen tapia to become a big name so he could whip this bum,,,,, I think cotto beats canelo right now easy

Comment

Put your nationality aside, your biased opinions aside...we know who the bigger draw is at this point and it's not even close. 40,000 to see Canelo in SA is all you gotta remember. When these business people put these things together they don't think about records or legacy, they think about one thing; MONEY. I hope Cotto's name is first just out of respect for the guy and his career. He's one of the very few rican fighters I like, guy is a stand up dude. Canelo is the same way. I don't care nor mind who it's labeled, would love to see this fight, period.

WAR CANELO!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlonr72 View Post
          Cotto deserves more money, he deserves to be the star on the bill. Honestly who has ginger head beat. Cotto is a proven draw on ppv, I think canelos ppv run is over. I can't wait for glen tapia to become a big name so he could whip this bum,,,,, I think cotto beats canelo right now easy

LOL. One decent showing against a mediocre Delvin and Cotto is on top of the game? LOL. Cotto was telegraphing his punches. The moment was too big for Delvin, you could tell from the beginning. He couldn't even relax. Anyway, the Cotto I know is the one who couldn't handle a good 154 pounder. If he fights Sergio, he might win, but it won't be easy. In fact I think Sergio takes him out. Also, I think Canelo makes him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            Canelo is the B side.
            Cotto has the better career

look at the ppv numbers cotto put up against amyweather, and compare them to canelo.

it's very obviously canelo who brings more to the tabl .

Comment

should they fight see who gets the bigger purse. that should determine it.

IMO its Canelo. He's younger and is GBP's main guy and he has been the "bigger b side" than Cotto, even though cotto ha been the a side like he was agaianst Margs.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                look at the ppv numbers cotto put up against amyweather, and compare them to canelo.

it's very obviously canelo who brings more to the tabl .
                You sure that's still true after the Mayweather fight? He was being built up for that fight, now that it's over and he didn't look very good, he may not have that same support.

Comment

The Mayweather-Canelo fight had a much stronger undercard than Mayweather-Cotto. Also, if you take their respective performances against Mayweather into account as well as their careers then I think Cotto should be the A-side. Having said that, I think that it's still close so they should receive similar purses.

Comment

Is this even real? Cash Cow Cotto is the 3rd largest draw in boxing. You see team Canelo scrambling in the office with Schaefer to get a deal with Cotto. Gotta revive the hype after being outclassed levels from his ordinary by Mayweather.

Comment

Cotto is the A-side and he deserves more money than Canelo. If Canelo doesn't see it that way, there's no fight. I hope Ginger realizes that.

Comment

Working...
                      X