Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Cotto or Cotto-Canelo, WHO'S THE B-SIDE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo-Cotto or Cotto-Canelo, WHO'S THE B-SIDE?

Was just wondering about this to myself the other day. I know Mayweather/Canelo did better numbers than Mayweather/Cotto but I think it was due in large part to some of the names on the undercard and it falling on a Mexican holiday. Even though "Ring Kings" itself launched on Cinco de Mayo, the buzz surrounded two fighters who were anything but Mexican.
    I think it's fair to say they're in the same bracket as far as paydays go, but who produces the bigger number and/or who's more deserving of the higher purse is what I'm curious to know. If they fight is Canelo the star because he's Mexico's next big thing or does Cotto deserve it more? Would either guy holding a title even be consequential at that point?
    Canelo
    46.81%
    Cotto
    53.19%

Canelo is the B side.
    Cotto has the better career

Comment

True, but you can argue that Mosely's career is more legendary than Canelo's even though Shane didn't even crack a mil when they fought. Canelo made 3 million off that fight. How do you gauge the caliber of an opponent then? Title wins? Losses?

Comment

I would say Cotto is the A-side but there is not much in it. Cotto deserves to have his name called first based on his career and the fact he brings in a good number of fans. I would say Canelo probably brings in more fans but coming off that loss hard to say that with certainty.

I would say they are very close in the 154 pound hierarchy.

Comment

Cotto makes the 3rd most after Mayweather and Pacquiao

Comment

altho i think canelo is a hypejob who will never be near as good as cotto , i think he is the bigger draw now or even ever..only becuase mexico is the biggest fanbase

canelo for some unknown reason is a huge draw....and boxing is all bussiness, does'nt help miguel that he's at the edge of his career also...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              altho i think canelo is a hypejob who will never be near as good as cotto , i think he is the bigger draw now or even ever..only becuase mexico is the biggest fanbase

canelo for some unknown reason is a huge draw....and boxing is all bussiness, does'nt help miguel that he's at the edge of his career also...
              This. Who will have more fans in attendance and watching on tv? Canelo easy

Comment

Its even if you ask me

Comment

Canelo will have more fans in attendance, that's just how it is.

Still say Cotto is A-Side, but they'll probably have more $ to deal with on Canelo's side so eh..

Kind of a balance I'd say since Cotto is coming off an impressive looking victory and Canelo coming off a loss despite it being to Mayweather.

Comment

So hypothetically Cotto can be the star of the show but Canelo gets paid the same amount or even more...damn!

Comment

Working...
                    X