Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    Hmm... If you believe that, are you saying Pac should have accepted JMM getting the bigger purse? Never heard anything like this. You're admitting Pac was the bigger star and you're saying he should have accepted the smaller offer. Hmm... and you call it a roadblock when he rejected it. Hmm...
    You are way off. Manny was the bigger star so he made JMM a rematch offer. The offer manny made was crap. When JMM refused the offer, posters like yourself didn't question the offer, just JMM's refusing it.

I'm wondering why with floyd and manny, its the offer you see as the roadblock yet when it was JMM/Manny it was JMM wanting more that was the roadblock, not the offer.

Seems like you have a double standard in this regard so I'm asking for clarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      You are way off. Manny was the bigger star so he made JMM a rematch offer. The offer manny made was crap. When JMM refused the offer, posters like yourself didn't question the offer, just JMM's refusing it.

I'm wondering why with floyd and manny, its the offer you see as the roadblock yet when it was JMM/Manny it was JMM wanting more that was the roadblock, not the offer.

And JoeMan was never seen again..

Comment

• at the Weebler.

Comment

Dude, Manny was just another struggling fighter back then. He doesn't call the shots. Again, nobody offered anything to anybody at that time. JMM wanted the bigger purse. Manny wanted it even. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Comment

You postedy JMM "demanding more" was a roadblock. Regrading floyd/manny, Manny is "demanding more" than $40 mil, no ppv and you are not calling that a roadblock.

Why do you label roadblocks differently? It would seem that demanding more would be the roadblock in each case.
            Floyd claims himself a businessman. He knows he can make significantly more fighting Pac, even at 50/50, than fighting other fighters.

Bottom line really is, if Floyd thinks that there's absolutely not benefit in fighting Pac, money-wise, legacy-wise, then forget about the fight completely and fight other fighters. I'm all for that. But don't tell me to stop calling him a duck.

Comment

Dude, Manny was just another struggling fighter back then. He doesn't call the shots. Again, nobody offered anything to anybody at that time. JMM wanted the bigger purse. Manny wanted it even. You're just embarrassing yourself.
              We agree manny wasn't a huge star, but he still was the "a side" in the JMM fight, without question. He did make an offer for a rematch thats not even up for debate. Two posts ago you said JMM priced himself out. How could he if no one offered anything?

JMM didn't want the bigger purse, he wanted more than manny offered for the rematch since they fought to a draw. Manny surely didn't offer a 50/50 split.

Again, i am respectfully asking why you have a different definition of what constitues a "roadblock" when fights involving Manny Pacquio, who you are a huge fan of, are not made.

Comment

Floyd claims himself a businessman. He knows he can make significantly more fighting Pac, even at 50/50, than fighting other fighters.

Bottom line really is, if Floyd thinks that there's absolutely not benefit in fighting Pac, money-wise, legacy-wise, then forget about the fight completely and fight other fighters. I'm all for that. But don't tell me to stop calling him a duck.
                floyd being a businessman should have no bearing on how you as a poster defines what constitues a"roadblock." I'm simply pointing out that the object of your criticism wasn't the offer but the fighter that rejected the offer.

Yet, when floyd offered manny a crappy deal, the object of your critcism shifted.

I'm interested in why you shifted.

Comment

We agree manny wasn't a huge star, but he still was the "a side" in the JMM fight, without question. He did make an offer for a rematch thats not even up for debate. Two posts ago you said JMM priced himself out. How could he if no one offered anything?

JMM didn't want the bigger purse, he wanted more than manny offered for the rematch since they fought to a draw. Manny surely didn't offer a 50/50 split.

Again, i am respectfully asking why you have a different definition of what constitues a "roadblock" when fights involving Manny Pacquio, who you are a huge fan of, are not made.
                  Dude, know your JMM/Pac 2 history. JMM wanted to control the negotiation saying he was the title holder. Team Pac insisted that they have the guy who is the crowd drawer. JMM wanted none of it.

So stop comparing apples and bananas, please!

Comment

Dude, know your JMM/Pac 2 history. JMM wanted to control the negotiation saying he was the title holder. Team Pac insisted that they have the guy who is the crowd drawer. JMM wanted none of it.

So stop comparing apples and bananas, please!
                    so JMM made manny an offer?

You forgot to answer the question in the last paragraph-why you have a different definition of what constitues a "roadblock" when fights involving Manny Pacquio, who you are a huge fan of, are not made?

Comment

so JMM made manny an offer?

You forgot to answer the question in the last paragraph-why you have a different definition of what constitues a "roadblock" when fights involving Manny Pacquio, who you are a huge fan of, are not made?
                      Dude, you don't have to take my word for it. You only have to go out there in the streets and conduct a random survey. The fight will happen at 50/50. That's fair to most people. As popular as Pacquiao is, you gotta be an idiot to make him accept something like 80/20, which is the equivalent of a flat offer minus PPV. If I were you I would just assume that Floyd doesn't want it. If he did, this fight would have happened a long time ago. It's clear that Floyd has zero interest in beating Pac and prove himself he's the best. Let's just leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X