No announcement yet.

Cotto: I Just Became a Fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto: I Just Became a Fan

That was great interview Cotto just did after the Gamboa victory. Good to see he isn't in hiding or dwelling somewhere with a lack of self esteem or motivation. He's ready to get right back in the ring and I think thats great. Though I love Tito, he often would go into self exile when he lost a fight, retire, make a lil comeback, lose again, and disappear again.

But getting back to Cotto. During the time that he, Hatton, and Mayweather was at 140, I did not like him at all. I thought he was arrogant, concieted, fake Tito wannabe, etc ... But now, I got all respect for him. Not just cause he lost to Plasterito and PEDquiao but because he actually is a warrior. Not afraid to lose, not afraid to fight. I thought guy would retire after the Pac fight, but here he is, ready to hop right back into the ring. I got to give him props for that, and based on that interview, he seem's like a nicer guy in general rather than the artificial robot I always though of him as.

It's hard not to support the guy really. He's all class outside of the ring and everything you could possibly ask for in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      It's hard not to support the guy really. He's all class outside of the ring and everything you could possibly ask for in the ring.
      Right, it just didn't always translate on the screen. For instance, his 24/7 with Pacquiao was not the most endearing footage I've ever seen. I mean he was more likeable in that brief interview than he was on 4 segments of 24/7..

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Right, it just didn't always translate on the screen. For instance, his 24/7 with Pacquiao was not the most endearing footage I've ever seen. I mean he was more likeable in that brief interview than he was on 4 segments of 24/7..
        Yeah, I mean, he hasn't got the most engaging personality but he's a genuine dude I think

Comment

Always been a fan of Cotto. Dude is a down to earth guy, great insdie and outside the ring. Hopefully he'll win his next fight, which I'm sure he will, then retire happy. WAR COTTO!

Comment

I'm with you... I posted a shorter version of your theme on the RBR thread.

Comment

I've been a fan of Cotto' from the beginning .....

Cotto has always had the attitude "Put them in the ring and I'll fight them" and that has always been the case. The only bad thing one can say about Cotto is that his career is on the slide.

Comment

how can any boxing fan not like cotto,a true warrior and a classy man

Comment

I love Cotto (no ****).

Comment

Working...
                  X