Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: I'll Be Careful Early, But Then I'll Drop Briggs and KO Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I could see this being tougher for Haye than expected.

Comment

Briggs will gas after 2 rounds anyway. He gasses out just from shouting "lets go champ" - Haye just have to avoid him for a round or so and then he'll be ripe for the picking.

Comment

For real--if Briggs can get some cardio in (LET'S READ THIS, CHAMP lol) he'd be a great fight for Haye. But if he just shows up with the HGH bod but no gas, he'll get starched in 3. For the dude not being good (his opponent) Shannon looked pretty great. Reminded me of Old George fighting in his later years still with accuracy.

Comment

For real--if Briggs can get some cardio in (LET'S READ THIS, CHAMP lol) he'd be a great fight for Haye. But if he just shows up with the HGH bod but no gas, he'll get starched in 3. For the dude not being good (his opponent) Shannon looked pretty great. Reminded me of Old George fighting in his later years still with accuracy.
          Kinda makes me think differently about testing if someone like Briggs can beat them....

Comment

Just to put this utter farce into perspective:

Briggs was considered a joke of a cherrypick for Vitali six years ago. He was considered washed up when Sultan Ibragimov soundly beat him nearly ten years ago. His last big win was a Hail Mary shot on Lyakhovich back in 2006 in a fight he was losing on all the scorecards. He was last considered a threat over eighteen years ago in 1998 when Lennox Lewis flattened him.

And this is the man Haye and his fans want him to fight? I mean, I know the guy is a conman and all, but even this is taking it just a bit too far. If Briggs ends up seriously hurt there's going to be hell to pay in the media. Mismatch oesn't even come close to describing this utter nonsense.

Comment

Funny thing is that Briggs actually looked better than Haye last weekend.

At least Haye will be fighting a guy who can take a shot and hit brutally hard as well.

Briggs may be 44 years old, but he is still levels above the pair of bums that haye has 'beaten' so far on his comeback / pantomime.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Honestly, I could see this being tougher for Haye than expected.
                Briggs knows how to survive against more dangerous and bigger guys than Haye.

I'm not saying Briggs can win, but Haye will have to work to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Why will he 'be careful' early?

This is a guy Lennox Lewis knocked around the ring 18 years ago.
                  Did you watch the fight? Did you see Briggs early? He hurt Lewis. Power doesn't fade. And Haye isn't Lennox Lewis. Good thing you're not a trainer eh?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                    Just to put this utter farce into perspective:

Briggs was considered a joke of a cherrypick for Vitali six years ago. He was considered washed up when Sultan Ibragimov soundly beat him nearly ten years ago. His last big win was a Hail Mary shot on Lyakhovich back in 2006 in a fight he was losing on all the scorecards. He was last considered a threat over eighteen years ago in 1998 when Lennox Lewis flattened him.

And this is the man Haye and his fans want him to fight? I mean, I know the guy is a conman and all, but even this is taking it just a bit too far. If Briggs ends up seriously hurt there's going to be hell to pay in the media. Mismatch oesn't even come close to describing this utter nonsense.
                    I honestly wholeheartedly agree but.......

Fuck it! #LETSGOCHAMP

He came back for a payday and got it.

Comment

Working...
                    X