Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping lara from fighting a top 10 contender at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    I could only imagine what boxing would be with this mentality if it ran rampant with every champion. Imagine a guy like ggg begging for a guy like Sturm, Cotto, Martinez and Canelo only to say he didn't bring anything to the table. How horrible would that make his fans feel? One could only imagine..
    No that's not what I'm saying at all. Ggg has 3 belts, that's 3 easy mando routes. Ggg went mando multiple times but Lara is above that?

Comment

Courage and Heart.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        No that's not what I'm saying at all. Ggg has 3 belts, that's 3 easy mando routes. Ggg went mando multiple times but Lara is above that?

I mean.. he's basically the best fighter at his weight class. He wants to challenge the best fighter at the weight class above his.

These types of matches used to be called for in the past. I don't see the issue of the two best at their divisions, fighting. One will win, the other will lose and they go on about their careers... Simplicity.. How difficult it is to understand

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          I mean.. he's basically the best fighter at his weight class. He wants to challenge the best fighter at the weight class above his.

These types of matches used to be called for in the past. I don't see the issue of the two best at their divisions, fighting. One will win, the other will lose and they go on about their careers... Simplicity.. How difficult it is to understand
          But rarely is the smaller guy both a prohibitive underdog and negative draw. Either way there's 2 simple avenues to explore for anyone wanting to fight Ggg

1. Call his promoter, try to get it made
          2. Go for one of the 3 mando spots, or even Saunders belt

I don't understand Lara's non action, nor his fans resistance to pursuing 1 or 2. That's how it's always been done

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            But rarely is the smaller guy both a prohibitive underdog and negative draw. Either way there's 2 simple avenues to explore for anyone wanting to fight Ggg

1. Call his promoter, try to get it made
            2. Go for one of the 3 mando spots, or even Saunders belt

I don't understand Lara's non action, nor his fans resistance to pursuing 1 or 2. That's how it's always been done
            I think they should get with Loeffler. Hell, he even said making the Wade fight was easy. So if Lara does indeed want this fight, he should do more than say it in an interview. I agree

Comment

He don't wna go up from the weight he belongs at for some bull**** pedestrian he wants to take the risk to get whooped by GGG who the fk else can say the same thing? Who else is trying to get that ass whooping ? Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                You guys are getting Desperate! What's wrong in him fighting GGG? Instead of GGG fighting all these lesser names why not Lara?
                Lara just barely beat Vanes. He fought his usual dull as dirt hit and run fight. GGG is about ten times better than Vanes. GGG fighting Lara is mismatch. Lara wouldn't have a chance in hell of winning. He ran from Canelo and Vanes so he would run even more and faster if he fought GGG. It would just be a big chase and GGG would KO him as soon as he cornered him. It wouldn't be a good fight and it wouldn't even be a high paying fight for GGG. Everybody should know by now GGG's goal is to win all the belts because he has told us this a million times. GGG KOing Lara does nothing to further that goal. GGG has no logical reason to fight Lara. If Lara is serious he damn will should beat a top 5 rated middleweight or better yet a champion if he is good enough. Then GGG would actually have a reason to fight him. Lara has not had anybody who represents him make GGG a real cash offer to fight him. Until he does he is just blowing smoke and using GGG's name for publicity. Why isn't Lara calling out Saunders and Jacobs as well as GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  You guys are getting Desperate! What's wrong in him fighting GGG? Instead of GGG fighting all these lesser names why not Lara?
                  Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
                  He don't wna go up from the weight he belongs at for some bull**** pedestrian he wants to take the risk to get whooped by GGG who the fk else can say the same thing? Who else is trying to get that ass whooping ? Nobody.
                  By the same reasoning GGG doesn't want to waste his time fighting Lara who isn't exciting, doesn't pay well, just struggled to beat Vanes and never beat a middleweight at all. What logical reason does GGG have to KO Lara? GGG fans aren't asking him to fight Lara. GGG haters who demand he fight Lara wouldn't hate him any less after he knocked Lara out.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    Anyone know? I don't see him fighting either Charlo, so why stay at 154?
                    Because he's the WBA 154 champion, arguably the best boxer at 154, and still has fights he can take at 154 (WBO champ Liam Smith, Andrade, JRock, possibly Miguel Cotto, etc).

He's gladly willing to fight Golovkin at 160 if he ever acknowledges that fight, but you try to act as if there's nothingfor Lara at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      Nothing is wrong with a GGG fight. But what middleweights has lara beaten to show hes capable in that division? Btw, lara is a lesser name.
                      Floyd and Canelo have each yet to ever fight a middleweight, yet Golovkin is thirsting after both guys.

Why is Lara different?

Comment

Working...
                      X