No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute on Jack Draw: I Started Too Late Yet Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute on Jack Draw: I Started Too Late Yet Again

Lucian Bute was one more round away from victory - at least according to the official scorecards. Most observers had Badou Jack clearly winning over Bute this past Saturday in Washington, D.C. Yet two judges had it a 114-114 draw, while the third judge had it 117-111 for Jack.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's frustrating to see Bute not punching when he goes in at close range. It's like he just sits there.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
      It's frustrating to see Bute not punching when he goes in at close range. It's like he just sits there.
      I think he's just really inefficient with his movement. Moving so much that you're never really on balance enough to throw hard shots or to avoid getting hit is what killed him. It looked like he was mimicking a great boxer instead of actually being one.

Comment

How many fighters would admit it? Props to Bute; he got a gift imo, but he fought well and looks to have plenty in the tank.

Was also impressed with BJ. He appears to have improved a lot since he started showing up on the premium cable channel cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
          ... Bute has no idea about "fighting inside"... (Back in 2011, I've tried to tell his team about that... many times... but they did nothing...)

Comment

So that's Pascal, Degale and Jack that's he's started too late and cost him.

When will he learn?

Comment

It seems older fighters usually do start too slow and wait too long to crank it up. Frustrating to watch Bute in his last several fights, especially after seeing him as active and accurate up til then.

Comment

Working...
              X