Favorite Type of Steak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta go with the classic ribeye steak.

Comment

I never tried Kobe/Wagyu beef, can anyone give their opinion on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        I never tried Kobe/Wagyu beef, can anyone give their opinion on it?
        From what I heard once you try Kobe/Wagyu, you dont go back...basically you want more, its that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I'd make it at least 10 min, even longer for thicker cuts. Made the mistake cooking a petite sirloin just now and 5 mins was not enough at all
          Yeah 10 minutes should be just about right.

I don't know why I put 5 minutes as I usually wait 10 minutes or so to eat my steak after I cook it.

Comment

What do you guys like to pair your steak with in terms of sides and brew?

A baked potato is usually sufficient for me

with a nice IPA

Comment

Filet mignon...... Medium, with a nice horseradish/blue cheese glaze on top

Comment

Cows butchered in front of you...

That you eat same day!!! Tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Cows butchered in front of you...

That you eat same day!!! Tasty!
                  I buy steak from a place where they remove the rib eye steak without hurting the cow.

Comment

with a nice IPA

Have you eaten in a churrascaria? It's a Brazilian buffet. You should try it if you like steak Google "fogo de chao" you will be able to eat all part of beef (picanna, top sirloin, fillet mignon, etc..)

For steak, chimmichuri sauce is very good. Also mushroom with onion sauce. For side dish, fried banana, cheese bread, potatoes

Comment

with a nice IPA

Just had a bone-in filet mignon on Wednesday and nothing is better. It's the best steak. Previous week I had a prime striploin with lobster and the meat paled in comparison to the filet that I just had. Both meals were at a high end steakhouse, so it's a good gauge of what is best.

I also like a baked potato for a side. topped with chives, bacon, butter, and sour cream. It's the ultimate decadent meal. I usually have a euro lager before the meal and a cab-Sauvignon or carmenere with the steak.

Comment

Working...
                      X