Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which combat sport produces the most devastating ko's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which combat sport produces the most devastating ko's?

Boxing is a brutal sport and has its share of devastating ko's. I don't watch kickboxing much or MMA but when a guy gets kicked in the face the ko looks so much more vicious.

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
    Boxing is a brutal sport and has its share of devastating ko's. I don't watch kickboxing much or MMA but when a guy gets kicked in the face the ko looks so much more vicious.

That kick could have been blocked if he had his guard up.

Comment

MMA does imo. A lot has to do with improper technique and defense. But nothing looks prettier than that perfect punch that puts you to sleep like boxing gives you

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        That kick could have been blocked if he had his guard up.
        Problem with that is, especially a guy with a devastating kick like a Mirko Cro Cop had back in the day, guys get their arms broken trying to block kicks, on the regular. Kicks are far more devastating than a punch and blocking them is even dangerous.

Comment

I think boxing is a more dangerous sport because of how long it is and the prolonged same type of attack, but I think in terms of one shot and out-cold type of ko's, it's MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
            I think boxing is a more dangerous sport because of how long it is and the prolonged same type of attack, but I think in terms of one shot and out-cold type of ko's, it's MMA.
            They both have their risks. Boxing certainly has the bigger issue of brain injuries because of the sheer volume of punches you eat. MMA though there are so many injuries that come into play that a boxer simply never has to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              They both have their risks. Boxing certainly has the bigger issue of brain injuries because of the sheer volume of punches you eat. MMA though there are so many injuries that come into play that a boxer simply never has to worry about.
              Oh I'm sure, pretty much every MMA card has someone pull out of a fight because of an injury. My point was the actual risk taken and I can think of maybe 2-3 incidents in MMA where someone was killed as a result of punishment taken in a fight. In boxing, 2-3 deaths is pretty much every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post

a kick with a bare shin is obviously more powerful than a punch with a gloved hand. i still think the hardest impact in MMA is a slam. watch this:

this was in an organization called pride, which allowed for a lot less wrestling because you could kick and knee a "grounded" opponent. rampage jackson KO ricardo arona.

that said, headkick knockouts in mma are rare. most of the stoppages in MMA, at least when i watched it regularly, were of the variety where a fighter would get hurt on his feet with a punch or punches, and be stopped quickly when he went down and took a few more punches.

Comment

For sure MMA. Those kick KO's always seem nuts to me. Brutal ****.

Comment

Mixed martial arts hands down. Also they are allowed to hit a guy when he is down and out cold until the ref stops it adding to the severity of the ko, its down right savage and primitive

Comment

Working...
                    X