Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of Roach doing mitts with Cotto, Roach health not looking so great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the training helps him stay focused/sharp with his disease but I think there should be a point where Roach focuses more on modern medicine/therapy to help him overcome the odds. He has the money for it because boxing training may be doing more bad than good at this point, I mean although hes wearing pads he still takes impact. Guys like Nacho & Roger Mayweather train from outside the ring and do just fine, its more of Roaches knowledge that what fighters want. Just my opinion.

Comment

I am surprised Roach doesn't have a younger guy do the mitts. I noticed in a video the other day that Roach didn't seem to be doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        I think Roach dies within 5 years of retiring as a trainer, maybe less. It's the only thing that keeps him going. At the very least, he should start turning over most of the work to someone else but I don't think he wants to do that.
        He can still train, Eddie Futch didnt do mitts when he was older and still training, or Nacho Beristain, and Angelo Dundee, they just came up with the gameplan. Roach should get a new mittman who can really work on timing, mittwork is one of the most and important parts of training, the focus mitts are huge for getting your timing and reflex sharp.

This goes to show that Roach knows he isn't a master gameplanner like Futch and Dundee and Nacho, because Roach is a hands on guy and he was a mitt man for Futch he would hold the mitts for Futches fighters.

Comment

I admire Roach for working so hard doing what he loves. He is not a selfish guy and he is devoted to training his fighters. When he doesn't think he can do a proper job he brings in good help.

Comment

Jeez...I'm no fan or Roach. At all. But that was hard to watch. He may be far too mouthy for my liking but nobody deserves to struggle like that.

Comment

The most impressive thing is that Roach repaired Cotto's mechanics. He plain does not telegraph anymore and he stays balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Roach is extremely strong mentally and deserves all the respect in the world as a man

Of course idiots amongst the Floyd fan fraternity like brushmyhair will constantly bash him but that's expected of Floyd fans.
                Brushmyhair is a clown troll who doesn't know anything about boxing. Dude scored Cotto/Clottey rd 1 a draw, nuff said.

As for Freddie, he needs to hang it up soon because he is looking worse and worse. He could still run the show but he shouldn't be in the ring doing mitts with his fighters.

Comment

No disrespect to Roach but this is why Mayweather talks about defense so much. The human body wasn't designed to be taking this kind of punishment. It's sad to see.

Comment

Working...
                  X