No announcement yet.

Denis Boytsov vs. Tyson Fury cancelled but may happen in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Boytsov is (was) a fine prospect. The way things are going with Universum, I can sort of understand that he is not ready. They probably could not provide the proper means of preparation ie sparring etc.

There's a multitude of lawsuits coming up from Fighters that havent received their purses so this is likely a reasonable move from Boytsov.

The rest of the world will have to wonder what could have been had Boytsov been with a better promotor.
    Yes.

I just hope he soon breaks away from the black hole which is Universum.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Yes.

I just hope he soon breaks away from the black hole which is Universum.
      K2 might be a good fit if they want to stay in business. I dont know about Sauerland. They are huge and Boytsov might be forgotten and I reckon the german market for imported fighters has just about exceeded its limit.

Comment

Well that sucks d1ck. Of the remaining hw fights this year, this was probably the best one on paper.

Comment

If Boytsov wasn't in shape to begin with, then why did these jokers sign the contract a week ago?...

Comment

Umm this is what I got from Fight News
            The proposed heavyweight clash between Tyson Fury (19-0, 14 KOs) and Denis Boytsov (31-0, 25 KOs) is off. According to Universum Box-Promotion, the Fury Team rejected the fight, which was to take place December 1 in Northern Ireland.
            http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/boytsov-fury-is-off-147898

Comment

sucks I was looking forward to this ... they'll cancel chag v perez next

Comment

That is a shame i was looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Umm this is what I got from Fight News

http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/boytsov-fury-is-off-147898
                  All the varying reports of why it's off add up to one conclusion:

Hennesey made an offer but rejected the fight when Universum asked for more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    All the varying reports of why it's off add up to one conclusion:

Hennesey made an offer but rejected the fight when Universum asked for more money.
                    Sounds about right.

Hennessy probably low-balled them, knowing they'd reject. The guy's a joke, seriously.

The same issue came up when Froch was in his stable. Events were shoddily put together, with no national/international exposure for the fighters.

Everything about Hennessy is cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X