The dark knight rises sucked ass.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
    WARNING **** SPOILERS ******

I liked it, but I don't think it was as great as the first two. I particularly didn't like the fact that they created Bane to be this indestructible character up until 3/4th through the movie where I felt that they just threw him under the bus. It's like watching Dragon Ball Z where it takes 5 episodes for an epic battle where Goku seems like he's about to die, then a miracle happens and somehow the enemy turns into paper and effectively becomes useless. Not because Goku went supersaiyan.

Also I thought that they essentially sacrificed Bane for Marion Cotillard's character. The story centered so much on Bane and they invested so much in him. I don't know, personally I didn't like how they made him so disposable in the end. Aside from that, I thought it was a good movie. Not great, but good.
    Yup was thinking the same shiet. There was a 3 sided cardboard display of batman, cat woman, and bane in the entrance of the theater. But then its like...should Bane really be on there? Or should that random girl no one cared for pretty much the whole movie be on there? Cause in a way they made her out to be the superior to Bane. They spent the whole movie making Bane out to be a complete, thoughtful bad ass, even Bruce Wayne started believing Bane was some kind of legend and started to train his ass off in that jail cause he thought "if little Bane could could make the jump, then I can too." Then they tell us that it turns out that girl made the jump, and Bane is actually her puppy. Good movie still, has some dents, but still a good watch.
    Last edited by Zarco; 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
      Yup was thinking the same shiet. There was a 3 sided cardboard display of batman, cat woman, and bane in the entrance of the theater. But then its like...should Bane really be on there? Or should that random girl no one cared for pretty much the whole movie be on there? Cause in a way they made her out to be the superior to Bane. They spent the whole movie making Bane out to be a complete, thoughtful bad ass, even Bruce Wayne started believing Bane was some kind of legend and started to train his ass off in that jail cause he thought "if little Bane could could make the jump, then I can too." Then they tell us that it turns out that girl made the jump, and Bane is actually her puppy. Good movie still, has some dents, but still a good watch.
      Wouldnt that would spoil the plot twist?

And u should have stolen that catwoman cut out.

Comment

Man... the more I think about it the more I love it.

Comment

Double post
          Last edited by smokey559; 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            I was kind of confused with Bane's plan also, he brought the city back to people then wanted to destroy it.

Why wouldnt he just bomb it instead of bothering with taking it over.

cause he wanted to torture, Bruce. by giving the people of gothem false hope. "when Gothem's ashes, you have my permission to die"

Comment

The movie gets better after repeat viewing, trust me. One time will overwhelm you, but after a second and third viewing you can sit back and really appreciate it. It's really an amazing movie that needs your full attention to appreciate it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I was kind of confused with Bane's plan also, he brought the city back to people then wanted to destroy it.

Why wouldnt he just bomb it instead of bothering with taking it over.
                lol then there wouldn't have been a freaking movie homie

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                  *** WARNING *** SPOILER *** ALERT ***

I understand what you're saying, but they wouldn't have needed extra time to properly dispose of him. Like I said, they took an easy way out. I could have imagined it to where his own ambition would have led to his own demise. Not because Catwoman who had happened to drive up the motorcycle up the stairs and shooting him. An alternate way of respectfully disposing such a good character is all I had asked.
                  I had a problem with the way Bane went out at first as well, but I have learned to appreciate it honestly. Bane is all about power, and like in real life, power can be instantly taken away from you just as Bane was taken out like that. They didn't romanticize his death like many of us might have been expecting, like a Scarface type of death; which is pretty refreshing. Also, remember it took a freaking cannon from the Batpod that can take down tumblers to bring down Bane.

Comment

People tend to be a bit too cynical when it comes to these movies being most will come out saying it's a dope movie, which I think it was.

I liked Batman Begins most out of all them, but Dark Knight Rises was good and to me ended great.

Comment

Working...
                    X