Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Pacquiao, Wouldn't it be best to try to make the Mayweather fight happen now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd has only been away for like 3 months lol..i doubt he will suffer from ring rust. manny pacquiao imo is on the decline so i think it would be more to floyd's advantage to get a fight with pac right away.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      I didn't have Timmeh winning, but he made it a competitive fight and took over in the championship rounds. What he showed me in the championship rounds convinced me that he now has manny figured out and knows how to box him.

I don't think manny even necessarily needs to lose to Marquez again to kill the prospects of a Mayweather fight next year. If Marquez just makes it competitive, that'll be enough.
      Right I have it the same way, that Manny won the first time, but like you say, if Bradley goes in there and knows Pacquiaos gameplan... pulls off a clean victory, once again the fight is down the drain.

Comment

Floyd has to lose a couple fights first, then we'll get him with a catchweight!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Right I have it the same way, that Manny won the first time, but like you say, if Bradley goes in there and knows Pacquiaos gameplan... pulls off a clean victory, once again the fight is down the drain.
          he goes in there with more confidence. either fighter can give pac a loss and if that happens we will never see that fight

Comment

Give it up. I gave up this fight long time ago. Floyd how ever great he is was scared **** with Pacquiao. The next ridiculous demand now is the fight should be at 154 or no fight and we all know Pac said he will never fight again above 147 after Margarito cracked his ribs at 150.
            Last edited by straightleft; 08-03-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Give it up. I gave up this fight long time ago. Floyd how ever great he is was scared **** with Pacquiao. The next ridiculous demand now is the fight should be at 154 or no fight.
              which technically would not be to bad, because Floyd is the 154 champion. So it wouldn't be total non sense. But I do understand that it would be to much to ask of Pacquiao.

Comment

Pac has been slowing down, so I won't be surprised if Floyd starts welcoming the idea of fighting Pac, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  which technically would not be to bad, because Floyd is the 154 champion. So it wouldn't be total non sense. But I do understand that it would be to much to ask of Pacquiao.
                  hey you live in Vegas. Any word on Floyd getting back into training?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    hey you live in Vegas. Any word on Floyd getting back into training?
                    Word around town that he starts training this very weekend, running a few trials at the gym soon, only time will tell if cameras are allowed, I would think so though.

Comment

Manny couldn't care less. He just lets Bob Arum pick his fights for him. I think he's just happy making good money and getting a lot of attention. This has been illustrated many times. They have asked him over and over again : "Manny, do you want to fight Floyd Mayweather?" and every time he says the same thing while sweating and looking worried and uninterested. "Uh, uh, hmm, uhh, uhh, uhh, it depends on my promoter, Bob Arum!"

Here's a great video that pretty much sums it up. Very frustrating.

Last edited by JK1700; 08-03-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X