No announcement yet.

Roy Jones's master tactics against James Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Then it wouldn't be a boxing match would it James?

Ps. I heard that to stop Rockin from kicking your ass in sparring, cause he was much faster and better inside than you, you stuck your thumb up his ass in a clinch. Can you confirm this?
    nah.... it was my dick.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
      gtfoh....

calzaghe wasn't even in the same division as jones when he rose to prominence....

newbstopher, Calzaghe OPENLY told reporters in the late 1990s that he did not want to fight Jones, that he wanted EASIER fights.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        newbstopher, Calzaghe OPENLY told reporters in the late 1990s that he did not want to fight Jones, that he wanted EASIER fights.
        doesn't matter....

jones was a light heavyweight at the time....

and his situation with frank warren was such that leaving the uk wasn't an option.

Comment

Broner fights just like Toney, more so then Mayweather does...BUT both are much faster and more athletic then Toney. Toney was my favorite back then and I resented Jones for years after he defeated Toney but James Toney was a bit flat footed and that is what Roy Jones exposed

But PRIME Roy Jones Speed and Timing was UNREAL! It is nobody in boxing today even close to being that damn Talented!

Comment

Great analysis.

The difference between Toney and Mayweather is the footwork though.
            Toney was much more static than Mayweather and relied more on his upper body movement than on his footwork, Mayweather also has the faster and better footwork.
            Therefore Mayweather can reposition himself a lot better not facing the troubles Roy gave Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
              roy got taken to task by montell griffin.....

so he really wasn't all that great....

roy never had a jab....

watch him against griffin....

he tried to throw a jab.... but no one was home....

and griffin got low.... threw jones style punches and used his more proficient jab to really make a 'prime' jones look ordinary.....
              Did you see the rematch? Jones had an off night, he knew it, rematched Griffin straight away and f'ked the kid up. As good as Macallum was he was past it when he fought Toney and still gave him hell, Jones schools any version of Toney get over it

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Broner fights just like Toney, more so then Mayweather does...BUT both are much faster and more athletic then Toney. Toney was my favorite back then and I resented Jones for years after he defeated Toney but James Toney was a bit flat footed and that is what Roy Jones exposed

But PRIME Roy Jones Speed and Timing was UNREAL! It is nobody in boxing today even close to being that damn Talented!
                Great point!

Comment

Mayweather doesn't have lead feet.

Comment

Working...
                  X