No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: After Mayweather is Done, I'll Take Over Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Lyle Fitzsimmons - If nothing at all else, Adrien Broner knows how to answer adversity.

The 23-year-old from Cincinnati struggled mightily in a made-for-TV showcase against former 130-pound champ Daniel Ponce De Leon in March 2011, escaping with a unanimous decision from a fight that many – including long-time HBO judge Harold Lederman – claimed he’d lost.

Since then, he’s not left nearly as much room for viewer dissent.

In fact, none of five subsequent outings has come close to reaching a final bell, instead ending in a combined 21 rounds as the fighter labeled “The Problem” has vaulted from regional title-holder to consensus No. 1 quantity at both 130 and 135 pounds.

He’ll go for a sixth straight stoppage – and a 26th consecutive victory – when he meets Wales-based veteran Gavin Rees in the main event of another seashore premium cable broadcast from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

And, in keeping with the brash persona he’s already begun to master, the two-division phenom spends little time enhancing the threat posed by his imminent foe.

“Who is that? Who are you talking about?” he said, when asked for any pre-fight knowledge of Rees, who’s lost once in 39 fights since turning pro in 1998. “I don’t know him.” [Click Here To Read More]
    Why doesnt Broner just answer the question when asked about being in Reeves shoes? Its a simple question. I understand talking trash and providing entertainment is part of the sport, but its a simple question. Just answer it. Give an honest answer instead of propping yourself up all the time and trying extra hard to be funny and talk smack.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
      How is Broner holding money 'ghetto' and Demarco looking like he's from London, not ghetto?

How many people from the Ghetto you know hold big stacks of cash up to their ear Not many ghetto kids can afford to do that.
      thats called ignorant ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        thats called ignorant ghetto
        Ghetto is classified as an area.

Ignorant is the word you're looking for. Boxing has always been ghetto.

Comment

Ghetto is classified as an area.

Ignorant is the word you're looking for. Boxing has always been ghetto.
          get up on your urban slang...Ghetto is also used as examples to describe actions and things!

Comment

get up on your urban slang...Ghetto is also used as examples to describe actions and things!
            Yeah, no thanks. I fail to see how a person flaunting thousands of dollars is in any way ghetto.

Comment

Yeah, no thanks. I fail to see how a person flaunting thousands of dollars is in any way ghetto.
              I agree, if anything it's the opposite of Ghetto, not CLASSY, the other one..booshie

Comment

I don't want another Mayweather.

He said something that I've long suspected, that he doesn't see himself lasting long in boxing. Hopefully, that will motivate him to go HAM until he turns 30. Fight 3 times a year, and fight the absolute best.

Comment

So you say he doesnt act ghetto?

Comment

Broner should worry about the present. Beat Rees and win some more Lightweight titles before you proclaim yourself the future.

Comment

So you say he doesnt act ghetto?
                      No he acts like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X