Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop feeling sorry for Escobedo!! He deserves no sympathy and was lucky for this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop feeling sorry for Escobedo!! He deserves no sympathy and was lucky for this

Everyone's feeling for Escobedo, feeling he got cheated, especially seeing his emotion after the fight. Yes Broner is an idiot and was totally wrong for missing weight. But let's be real. Broner is on a totally different level than this guy, and would have beat him badly regardless of weight. But because Broner missed weight, Escobedo now takes home more than twice his original purse. Kind of like Mayweather Marquez. Marquez wasn't too upset because he knew he would lose either way, but took home more money in the process. Escobedo will never make this kind of money again his entire life, so he should feel happy he has more money to support his family now

Also, Escobedo did not have to fight. Everyone was giving him respect to sticking to his principles, but at the end of day he shows money is most important. Escobedo was always going to fight, he just wanted to negotiate for more money.

So in the end, I know for a fact Escobedo and his team are happy Broner didn't make weight. They knew he was going to lose anyway, and now he just comes out a richer man

ur an ignorant kid for that matter. go out there and be a boxer and give ur opponents 3 pound advantage always. im sure you'd like that. Escobedo even cried in national tv, he sacrificed a lot for that fight and he just came there to be cheated in the weight. there are things money can buy man, grow up. so what if he gets beaten? atleast he'll know it to himself that its fair and thats how it all should be. not making weights make u stronger just like taking PEDS. its unfair.

Comment

I don't feel sorry for him for a few reasons

1) He could have walked away

2) He did get paid for his issues

3) He is very likely to get a shot at the belt Broner vacated, most likely on HBO or Showtime (on an under card)

4) This whole ordeal has raised his name way beyond where it was

5) He did not get seriously hurt

Broner did fuck him but keep in mind how Escobedo played it gained him an awful lot so I don't feel a need to feel sorry for him since his career advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        ur an ignorant kid for that matter. go out there and be a boxer and give ur opponents 3 pound advantage always. im sure you'd like that. Escobedo even cried in national tv, he sacrificed a lot for that fight and he just came there to be cheated in the weight. there are things money can buy man, grow up. so what if he gets beaten? atleast he'll know it to himself that its fair and thats how it all should be. not making weights make u stronger just like taking PEDS. its unfair.
        Actually you're right 3 pounds does make a difference. Ask Manny Catchweight King Pacquiao

Comment

Even before this happened, if you were to go to team Escobedo and give them the option to either have Broner make weight, or have Broner miss weight and get paid over twice the purse, I GUARANTEE they would choose the latter

Comment

Escobedo was never going to beat broner in the first place. The guy is a C class fighter, maybe B- on his best day. He just had a kid, he's taking home possibly up to $400,000, waaaaay more than he was originally going to get and no one really blames him for the loss - the excuse is broner was too big (even though he only outweighed him by 5 pounds in the ring). He'll get another crack at the title I'm sure and 130 pounds is an incredibly weak division. He'll be fine.

Comment

He did get cheated and was probably forced to take the fight.

Comment

And, where is this 400k offer coming from? Any confirmation or just speculation? People are believing what they are reading?

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
                  He did get cheated and was probably forced to take the fight.
                  yea I'm sure they held a gun to his head and forced him too. I'm sure a COUPLE HUNDRED EXTRA GRAND had nothing to do with it

Comment

Actually you're right 3 pounds does make a difference. Ask Manny Catchweight King Pacquiao
                    WHATEVER LOL. I DONT KNOW WHY YOU even HAVE TO MENTION PACQUIAO.

Comment

Working...
                    X