Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: $1 Million Fine For Every Pound I'm Over With Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ward beat him at 168.
    That's what happens when posters are just fanboys, who don't really follow boxing.... honest mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      thought you were a pacfan ?

Pac demanded - an unheard of - 3.5mil for Hoya, and then he wanted 10mil for Mayweather
      A lot of posters on here don't really follow boxing, they are brought into boxing by GGG in September 2012 when he beat proksa.

Comment

LOL that's all his promoter's rules. Like he'd care who fights on his card. But I do agree with him about the weight. More and more Canelo will be fighting at 10 pounds heavier, which means his punches shrink. Don't be angry, it's just the way weights work until you've been there for a year or so. Jr. can bang at that weight and weights above. He's going to be dangerous. That's what makes this such a fun fight to watch because Canelo is so skilled. Definitely going to be fun to bet on. I'm going to try to take some Jr money on the off chance, because I think he can bully around and has a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Ward beat him at 168.
          Doesnt matter. It was below 175 so Dawson defends his title by defintion..

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Doesnt matter. It was below 175 so Dawson defends his title by defintion..

no, it was below 168..... so LHW lineage is unaffected

Ward aint the lineal LHW champ

but you're right, he sure is lovely

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              But Ward beat Dawson before that dude. So he must be champion by your standards.
              Not my standards
              http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/pastchp.htm
              Also don't forget Dawson came down to face Ward, Ward didn't beat him at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                LOL that's all his promoter's rules. Like he'd care who fights on his card. But I do agree with him about the weight. More and more Canelo will be fighting at 10 pounds heavier, which means his punches shrink. Don't be angry, it's just the way weights work until you've been there for a year or so. Jr. can bang at that weight and weights above. He's going to be dangerous. That's what makes this such a fun fight to watch because Canelo is so skilled. Definitely going to be fun to bet on. I'm going to try to take some Jr money on the off chance, because I think he can bully around and has a great chin.
                he's never ko'd anyone above 160 so whats that based on?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  no, it was below 168..... so LHW lineage is unaffected

Ward aint the lineal LHW champ

but you're right, he sure is lovely
                  ward actually was the lineal 175 pound champ after beating rodriguez who came into the fight at lhw, rodriguez beat grachev, who beat erdei, who beat gonzalez, who beat dariusz. obv kovalev beat ward so he should be the champ but offiically no.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    ward actually was the lineal 175 pound champ after beating rodriguez who came into the fight at lhw, rodriguez beat grachev, who beat erdei, who beat gonzalez, who beat dariusz. obv kovalev beat ward so he should be the champ but offiically no.

i don't believe that

if correct, you just proved why " lineage " is horribly over-rated and should never be taken seriously..... but yea, i don't believe that fight was a LHW contest

some folks rate/rank Canelo at middleweight, for beating lil old faded 153lb Cotto..... so yea, lineage gets a big whoop-de-fcuk from me

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                      Haters gonna hate but I'll be drunk AF watching the lineal middleweight champion Canelo whoop that spoiled brat JR @ T-Mobile Arena on Cinco de Mayo weekend, Yeah buddy..
                      Where he could have fought GGG instead of a circus act in JR. There is no way in hell that JR can win. I don't see how people think this is a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X