Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Mentally Strong, Would Face Mayweather at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't blame GGG for wanting a career payday with Mayweather. He's probably going to have to fight Cotto or Canelo first though. Preferably at 154, so we can see what he looks like at that weight.

Sure seems to be a lot of people wanting Floyd to fight Cotto before someone like GGG takes away his linear MW championship, but petrified at the thought of a GGG/Floyd match up.

Floyd is already a great fighter. I'm not sure cherry picking a MW belt from someone he already beat decisively (Cotto) will ultimately make him that much greater. On the other hand GGG is far too much risk, too little reward at this stage. By the time the reward is high enough, Mayweather will be too old to beat him. Shame really, that would be an exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CHESS MASTER View Post
      He can't be serious. His big ass walks around at 190 pounds. These punks need to fight guys bigger or at least their size. He has plenty of comp at 160-175. Floyd was once a featherweight. Whats next, Kiltshco vs Mayweather?
      Yes because a guy who can make 154... and fights one division above 154 would be like asking Floyd to fight a heavyweight...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Can't blame GGG for wanting a career payday with Mayweather. He's probably going to have to fight Cotto or Canelo first though. Preferably at 154, so we can see what he looks like at that weight.
        How about at 155? The winner then maybe lures Floyd out of retirement.

Comment

Truly pathetic he wants to fight the much smaller Mayweather ..

Comment

"It would take a longer training camp but he would lose the six pounds and fight him at 154. "

"That’s literally the biggest fight out there for Gennady’s side..."
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-25-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I don't see how this is an argument for accepting a fight with canelo at 155. It's not the same thing.

Comment

What I'm getting from this thread is that GGG is mentally strong, can lose 6 pounds, and would be willing to do so for the biggest fight available to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  What I'm getting from this thread is that GGG is mentally strong, can lose 6 pounds, and would be willing to do so for the biggest fight available to him.
                  Yeah for a guy in a different division, it's understandable. He shouldn't have to move down five pounds to fight a b1tch who's too scared within the same division. You don't make concessions in a situation that doesn't require them. Canelo is a full sized mw and the champion. He's going to stick to his stupid 155 weight to drain other mw's in the division because it's his only advantage now. His power is useless at the weight, so he needs an unfair advantage over his opponent. How anyone supports this stupid idea is beyond me.
                  Last edited by El-blanco; 11-25-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prboxingcotto View Post
                    not going to happen pac n floyd will not fight bigger top level guys like cotto would
                    lol...what????

Comment

Working...
                    X