No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas Jr. Knocking guys out in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas Jr. Knocking guys out in sparring

It's rumored that Fernando Vargas Jr. has been knocking guys out during sparring sessions. Vargas is going to let him turn pro in the future.

I can't embed from my phone but here's a clip:

http://youtu.be/hcr8AY6ZiuM

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    It's rumored that Fernando Vargas Jr. has been knocking guys out during sparring sessions. Vargas is going to let him turn pro in the future.

I also heard that he sang in the shower and received a standing ovation. He shoujld be booked for Carnegie Hall and fight for a world title in his first pro fight....on the same night!!!

Seriously, knocking out guys in sparring means nothing. His father supposedly was knocking out guys in sparring before he fought Felix Trinidad. The result: Trinidad knocked him down twice in the first round and three times in the 12th round before the ref stopped the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      I also heard that he sang in the shower and received a standing ovation. He shoujld be booked for Carnegie Hall and fight for a world title in his first pro fight....on the same night!!!

Seriously, knocking out guys in sparring means nothing. His father supposedly was knocking out guys in sparring before he fought Felix Trinidad. The result: Trinidad knocked him down twice in the first round and three times in the 12th round before the ref stopped the fight.
      what's your point exactly?

he should just quit now because he may not be great?

Comment

Vargas son is legit, he is actually more skilled and elusive than his father. From the clips I seen of him he has some very good skills and power, he is a slick southpaw with power, great counter puncher bends his knees tucks his chin and keeps his eyes on his opponent at all times.

I think he will be a champion I see it in him and he has his head on his shoulders a real humble kid, when you hear him speak you can tell his parents raised him well.

Comment

Fernando Vargas was the fighter I looked up to as a youngster. With that Said ill support Vargas jr and keep and eye on him. If he is anything like his father he's gonna be a warrior in the ring and that's most important in the sport.

Comment

When I seen that attempted counter uppercut being thrown from the outside missing by no less than 6ft I was tempted to turn it off.

What was the point of this sparring exactly? It seems his sparring partner was trying to miss him by as much as humanly possible.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post

They got a make believe ref in there. I dont think they were just "sparring" lol but cool. I just hope he doesnt have that stupid ass hair like his dad.

One of the reasons why I never liked Vargas. That hair was just annoying to me.

Comment

Working...
              X