No announcement yet.

Fights You Have To Watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Ray Sanchez III

Is that the guy who was stopped by Chavez but was outboxing him, if its the one im thinking of wasn't it an iffy stoppage?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Ray Sanchez III

Is that the guy who was stopped by Chavez but was outboxing him, if its the one im thinking of wasn't it an iffy stoppage?
      I thought the stoppage was OK, I think Sanchez was actually counted out, but yeah, you could make the case that Sanchez was in front at the time of the stoppage. Maybe you were thinking of the Jose Celaya fight where Celaya was arguably outboxing Chavez but quit when he went down in the 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        I thought the stoppage was OK, I think Sanchez was actually counted out, but yeah, you could make the case that Sanchez was in front at the time of the stoppage. Maybe you were thinking of the Jose Celaya fight where Celaya was arguably outboxing Chavez but quit when he went down in the 8th.
        Yes, thats the one........Celaya.

I might be wrong here but i think that might! have been the night Morrison was apparently supposed to fight, although i cant remember.

I did see the Sanchez fight but i cant remember how it went.

Comment

Add a few more:

Jackson Bonsu-Carlos Baldomir
          Gary St. Clair-Jackson Asiku
          Frankie Mitchell-Brian Mitchell
          Frankie Mitchell-Bryant Paden
          Julio Cesar Chavez-Adriano Arreola

Comment

Yes, thats the one........Celaya.

I might be wrong here but i think that might! have been the night Morrison was apparently supposed to fight, although i cant remember.

I did see the Sanchez fight but i cant remember how it went.
            Yeah, that's the one. I remember asking after the fight whether Morrison fought at all, apparently the Mexican commission refused to allow him to fight on TV or something so they had him fight after the show went off the air I think.

It was a very good fight, good back and forth exchanges, Chavez took quite a lot of shots and might have been behind on the cards but was doing damage himself until he got to Sanchez.

It was a really good fight imo, you should deffo watch that if you can get your hands on it. I was shocked to, but having said that Lindsay does have some slick skills, i must say i like you still expected Appleby to win though. Appleby has no regard for defence it seems, he thinks overwhelming you with his aggression & activity is all it takes.

I read about the Williams fight and all the controversy but i never actually watched it yet.
            It was a good heavyweight fight with or without the controversy but yeah, there was quite a bit of controversy for the fight, it was clearly stacked against Williams but he overcame that and won anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
              Add a few more:

Jackson Bonsu-Carlos Baldomir
              Gary St. Clair-Jackson Asiku
              Frankie Mitchell-Brian Mitchell
              Frankie Mitchell-Bryant Paden
              Julio Cesar Chavez-Adriano Arreola
              Jackson Bonsu's fight against Selcuk Aydin was really good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Jackson Bonsu's fight against Selcuk Aydin was really good too.
                I'll have to check it out.

Comment

I quite liked James Toney vs Evander Holyfield

Comment

Tony Lopez vs Brian Mitchell needs adding to any of these lists, great! fight.

Comment

Tony Lopez vs Brian Mitchell needs adding to any of these lists, great! fight.
                      Along with Lopez's trilogy with John-John Molina, all of them were good fights, as well as his fight with Jorge Paez.

Comment

Working...
                      X