Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sopranos

Has a better TV show ever been made?

If so enlighten me...

They ruined it with the series ending, imo.

Comment

The thread right below this one so is making a good start thats for sure it is imo...

Comment

The closest you'll get is Dexter, Game of Thrones or Spartacus.

Comment

The Wire, no contest.

I like Breaking Bad more too. The Sopranos was great though, no doubt, despite the ending.

Comment

Can you show my show a little love dam...

Comment

Boardwalk Empire is very good but not quite there yet

Dexter is awesome aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                Boardwalk Empire is very good but not quite there yet

Dexter is awesome aswell
                I hear ya but you have to remember its still young there is plenty of time to become great... I think plot/characters and era imo I have always thought the 20s 30s where the best time in our young history...

Comment

Only Fools And Horses. lol.

Comment

Good Show

The Sopranos was a ground breaking show and perhaps one of the greatest Gangster Sagas of all time especially when you consider most feature films dealing with gangsters last two or three hours but the Sopranos? Nope it was six and a half seasons 13 episodes a pop with feature film quality.

I can't say that it's my fav show of all time but I did like it and enjoyed the fact that it created a new trend that all major dramas now follow:TV shows+Feature film quality. Since the Sopranos some not all but some TV shows treat their episodes like feature films and thus what ends up happening is that when you watch the show it feels like a Movie which is huge for me or anyone who likes quality tv.

Breaking Bad, The Wire, Spartacus, Walking Dead, Black Donnelly's (Sue Me) hell even Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, and other's are examples of shows that have film quality production and acting and I feel that they followed the Sopranos and really the HBO route of making T.V shows feel more like movies and I think we can all be happy for that(yeah I realized that most of the shows I mentioned are HBO shows).

If you liked the Sopranos dude Check out an old school precursor called "Crime Story" it was produced by Michael Mann and starred Dennis Farina it was a classic cops vs gangster show set in the 60's Chicago check it out.

ps. Did not include Game of Thrones Cause I have not seen it
                    Last edited by BxFanViento; 11-30-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X