No announcement yet.

Povetkin simply didn't try hard enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povetkin simply didn't try hard enough

That's why he lost. This was Wlad on his B-game and he still got the victory. Now Wlad needs to come back quick and make everyone forget about this fight. The attention span of your average poster is like that of 5 year old. A knockout of Fury or Pulev will restore order in the forum wasteland.

Not sure about that. He was pushing very hard for the first half of the fight. But after being leaned on, and let's not overlook the fact that Wlad was every once in a while popping Pofatkin with uppercuts on the inside, I don't think Pofatkin had much left in the tank after the 6th or 7th.

Comment

when you have that stiff jab in your face, its hard to do anything.

Comment

That was Wlad on his A game, that strategy of leaning works in every fight.

Comment

Didn't you say you didnt watch the fight yet?

Comment

How many body punches did Povetkin even try?

Comment

a bit hard to try when ur opponent is using wrestling moves

Comment

Wlad-Fury is an interesting wrestling match.

Too bad they're boxers.

Comment

I think Povetkin tried plenty hard he just messed up.

1) He pushed in which was a good plan but he was reckless thus ended up pushing in too far making it easy for Wlad to tie him up.

2) He threw on the way in which sometimes worked but in most cases that was all he did and since he got too far in he smothered the inside work he needed to do and on top of that he failed to really fight in the clinch at all.

Even with that he got Wlad off his normal plan a which is what a lot of people want to see and I think he did that mostly on effort, what he needed to be was a lot more thoughtful and tricky. Plus he should have thrown Wlad down at least a couple times, the ref was doing nothing to stop Wlad's shenanigans so Povetkin needed to give him some of his own medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Didn't you say you didnt watch the fight yet?
                    I watched 10 rounds on youtube just now, though not in chronological order.

Comment

Working...
                    X