Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is boxing about??coming from nothing to something right.you earn your spot right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Do me a favor and let me know one other combo of fighters that are si similar after you watched them fight where one has a 17%ko ratio amd the other has about a 85% ko ratio. No biggie, i meam i know you actually watched all of their fights and their comp was basically the exact same.

Another similarity was how long they had held the strap at 147 and how many defenses they had. Similarities abound.
    Ok let say Berto, Ortiz and Bradley all have a chance to fight Pacquaio.

They all fight very differently.

Does that really make one have better odds to win, not really because they just aren't on a different level from one another. So whoever he would choose I wouldn't care because they are all roughly the same, in terms of what they are capable of in the end.

I didn't say I watched all of their fights, I watched enough of each guy to have a good feel. Margarito and Baldomir are much more similar than the guys I listed.

Sorry that I don't see much in it betwen those two men, never will and not worried about it to be honest or what others think. You can think I am talking out my ass all you want and make jokes, doesn't bother me because I have spent enough time watching and contemplating boxing to be secure in what I feel.

Could I be wrong sure I am not perfect but remember I get respect for a reason and it is not because I say the popular thing or follow the crowd, i say what I believe even if I have to take shit for it

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      your opinion that floyd beats margarito is fine but you saying margarito and baldomir are the same is just nonsense. the reason margarito was considered more dangerous is because he had much more longevity at the top, he fought much better fighters win or lose, he beat much better fighters, he beat more ranked fighters, and he knocked out guys in more devastating fashion.

like you said you have to actually watch the fights to see the whole story. when margarito fought williams he gave a good account of himself in a close loss, when margarito fought santos at 154 most people thought he was robbed in puerto rico, margarito wore down top welters cintron, cotto and clottey, margarito won 11 title fights. this proves margarito was a top welter.

nowwhen you watch baldomir you can see he did virtually nothing against udah until he hurt him once then chased him around the ring for 7 straight rounds. then he and a shot gatti fought an even fight before gatti succumbed. how are they on the same level?

then after baldomir lost to may did he redeem himself in anyway? no, he got a gift against a journeyman, he lost to bonsu, forrest and canelo. when margarito lost to santos he came back to beat cintron and clottey. when he lost to williams he beat cintron and cotto. he didn't vanish off the face of the earth like baldomir. to compare them is a disgrace.
      Seriously, this guy didnt watch shi t. Its obvious. Margs won 11-11 vs pwill in a true barnburner. At the samd time, baldo was fighting his cab driver cuz he took his to the tranny section of buenos aries.

GMbler. I never seen you so exposed to say that baldo=margs. You fookin clown. You're yessir with a little saavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        He didn't know but again but it would have been bad business risking a potential Oscar fight, fighting Marg first. Again that was his goal. He has been calling Oscar out since 2003 and didn't get him until 07'. He gambled but at the end played it right. Look at where he is at now. He made a lot of calculated smart business decision that paid off.
        floyd wanted to get out of his top rank contract that was his ultimate goal. he demanded 20 million to fight oscar while he was with top rank but once he left top rank he accepted 10 million which means he just ddin't want to fight any of the other guys top rank had. it wasn't really the money but the freedom of opponent selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Ok let say Berto, Ortiz and Bradley all have a chance to fight Pacquaio.

They all fight very differently.

Does that really make one have better odds to win, not really because they just aren't on a different level from one another. So whoever he would choose I wouldn't care because they are all roughly the same, in terms of what they are capable of in the end.
          I didn't say I watched all of their fights, I watched enough of each guy to have a good feel. Margarito and Baldomir are much more similar than the guys I listed.

Sorry that I don't see much in it betwen those two men, never will and not worried about it to be honest or what others think. You can think I am talking out my ass all you want and make jokes, doesn't bother me because I have spent enough time watching and contemplating boxing to be secure in what I feel.
          Could I be wrong sure I am not perfect but remember I get respect for a reason and it is not because I say the popular thing or follow the crowd, i say what I believe even if I have to take shit for it
          no. Not true. Berto, ortiz, bradley have all fought more than one top 5 contender in their division and not a single one of them was as big a scrub as baldo ever dreamed of being.

How many good ww's dis baldo beat? What was gatti's ww record when they fought? Do you consider gatti legit at ww?

Comment

• baldomir was an ok victory but since floyd did it its a lousy victory but dont you dare judge pac for clottey or mosley.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              your opinion that floyd beats margarito is fine but you saying margarito and baldomir are the same is just nonsense. the reason margarito was considered more dangerous is because he had much more longevity at the top, he fought much better fighters win or lose, he beat much better fighters, he beat more ranked fighters, and he knocked out guys in more devastating fashion.

like you said you have to actually watch the fights to see the whole story. when margarito fought williams he gave a good account of himself in a close loss, when margarito fought santos at 154 most people thought he was robbed in puerto rico, margarito wore down top welters cintron, cotto and clottey, margarito won 11 title fights. this proves margarito was a top welter.

now when you watch baldomir you can see he did virtually nothing against judah until he hurt him once then chased him around the ring for 7 straight rounds. then he and a shot gatti fought an even fight before gatti succumbed. how are they on the same level?

then after baldomir lost to may did he redeem himself in anyway? no, he got a gift against a journeyman, he lost to bonsu, forrest and canelo. when margarito lost to santos he came back to beat cintron and clottey. when he lost to williams he beat cintron and cotto. he didn't vanish off the face of the earth like baldomir. to compare them is a disgrace.
              He was at the end of his career, kind of like Margarito is now does that really change things~

Sorry but he honestly beat no one I care about or really respect ranked or otherwise.

Margarito had backing and thus got better oppurtunities, taking advantage of some. Does that really make him a better fighter.

Does that make him more likely to win a fight on any given night. It doesn't~ which is why I would say they are the same, put them in against the same guys I would expect them to have a similar won lost

I view the game totally different than you, we have argued enough to know this, you don't respect how I view the game and I can say the feeling is mutual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                no. Not true. Berto, ortiz, bradley have all fought more than one top 5 contender in their division and not a single one of them was as big a scrub as baldo ever dreamed of being.

How many good ww's dis baldo beat? What was gatti's ww record when they fought? Do you consider gatti legit at ww?
                I was not comparing them to Baldomir was comparing them to each other.

Why would I consider Gatti legit?

Comment

• This thread is a riot

Arguing that the quality difference between Baldo and Tony is negligible and they're essentially the same, except one had a PR push, shows an astonishing lack of knowledge.

This is the kind of poster that probably thinks JCC SR was a face first, no-skilled brawler.

In fact, **** it, Baldo and Chavez SR are one and the same, except the latter fought 80 more cab drivers.

Comment

• TheGambler1981...

Comment

• The dude on the 7 fight ko streak against legit contenders=The guy who accomplished um exactly zero before the judah debacle.

Same guy

Comment

Working...
                      X