Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reason why Mayweather demanded random blood testing against Mosley & Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he shouldnt even test mosley

the mayweathers havent accused mosley so he must be clean

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
      Great all-around post. You're gonna be one of the most knowledgeable fans on here.
      Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxer View Post
        Some people are questioning why Mayweather has demanded random blood testing against Pacquiao or Mosley. Out of Mayweather's 40 opponents, he has only demanded random blood testing against those two fighters.

I think the obvious answer to that criticism come from two facts:

1.) It's a well known fact that Pacquiao's trainer, head of Team Pacquiao, has a history of steroids - when he trained James Toney. There's another fighter, a former assistant of Roach, who has a history of steroids as well.

2.) It's also a well known fact that Shane Mosley, a man who passed every drug test through the Nevada State Athletic Commission, was exposed as a user of various performance enhancing drugs through the Balco investigation.

I think it's good judgment to demand additional testing from those two fighters, considering Mosley's background and the background of Freddie Roach. We have also learned, from Pacquiao's nutritionist Alex Ariza, that Pacquiao doesn't know what he takes during training. Those kind of statements are a bit unsettling when the trainer has a history of Illegal substances.

I think Mosley owes it to the fans to take the USADA testing, since he was actually proven to be a cheater. He claims he was tricked into using them and we will never know if that's true, but I have great respect for him - in proving he's no longer using them in the biggest fight of his career.

Pacquiao has never been caught, so his refusal to take the random blood testing shouldn't entirely be looked upon as an act of guilt. He's innocent until proven guilty. I'm not saying he is guilty. It's just that I do understand, fully, why Mayweather would demand the additional testing against him.
        p4p one of the best posts of recent times. Very hard for a thinking man to argue against it although i do think Pacquiao is hiding something (40 million dollar test? COME ON!!) i can respect the innocent until proven guilty just cause your post rocked so much :P

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
          p4p one of the best posts of recent times. Very hard for a thinking man to argue against it although i do think Pacquiao is hiding something (40 million dollar test? COME ON!!) i can respect the innocent until proven guilty just cause your post rocked so much :P
          Much appreciated.

I think all boxers should be tested with more thorough random blood testing, not just Mayweather, Mosley or Pacquiao, but I fully understand why Mayweather put those demands into the contract against them.

Comment

Fear is the main reason.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              Fear is the main reason.
              Let me ask you something.

Which makes more sense. To fear your opponent is on steroids because his trainer has a history of Illegal substances, or to fear you will be weakened by a drop of blood from a drug test given 14 days before the fight?

If Mayweather demanded the test out of fear, then Pacquiao refused the testing out of fear as well.

Just wanted to point that out to you.

Comment

Roach trained Oscar when he fought Floyd, why didn't Floyd ask for random blood testing for that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                  Roach trained Oscar when he fought Floyd, why didn't Floyd ask for random blood testing for that fight?
                  Who cares. Maybe he didn't think of it like others in the sport didn't think of it. When it was brought to his attention, he became aware of it.

Why doesn't boxing even have such a testing in place?

It's bigger than Floyd now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                    True, but Floyd couldn't even choose his gloves against Oscar and was forced to move up to 154lbs. Oscar would never give-in a single demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                      gtfo, my post kills everything this thread made. This thread is as good as Fraud's accusations. You have NOTHING. Pac is innocent until proven guilty. Forget Toney, that dude was always having weight issues in the cruiseweight division and then into heavyweight. He needs roids to help his ass out and I bet most of the 185+ fighters are taking something. But I can't say that because I don't have PROOF! Mosley has been off that **** for how long now? You honestly think he would attempt it again with all the crap he's gone through based on the balco situation? Cmon. Does anyone even have common sense these days?

Comment

Working...
                      X