Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Dominates Brand To Seal Deal on Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO>> "one thing you don't expect to see of a 100-1 against opponent is that he i still standing in the 12th round"

Was Bran super durable? Was Ward holding something back to get the rounds in? or does Ward just lack power at 175?

Kovalev has more power than Brand. Way more. Ward totally owned Brand offensively , not sure if he can stop Kovalev's hurtful punches, pretty sure Ward can't hurt Kovalev unless Kovalev is a lot weaker than he has shown up until now.

Comment

• i know its easier said than done-but wouldnt it makes sense for Andres opponents (or Kovalev) to focus on taking away Wards left hand?-it seems to be his only real weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
        Kov and his fans are shooked! They have resigned themselves to a defeat at the hands of S.O.G.!
        I'm looking forward to a good fight, but Ward's performance tonight was no reason for anyone to be "shooked." He might confuse Kovalev at times, but he won't be able to hurt him. I expect Ward to be well prepared (as he always is); if he's not, he won't hear the final bell.

Comment

• Ward's attendance at Oracle with RNS:
          vs. Paul Smith: 9,016
          vs. Sullivan Barrera: 8,532
          vs. Alexander Brand: 8,653

Impressive for such mismatches.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Ward vs kovalev ppv only does like 200k buys neither guy has a huge name to sell.
            Who gives a ****, It's about the best fighting the best. Both these guys should be the praised for taking this challenge. lil g is a punk!

Comment

• Originally posted by BCTaylor View Post
              i know its easier said than done-but wouldnt it makes sense for Andres opponents (or Kovalev) to focus on taking away Wards left hand?-it seems to be his only real weapon.
              How do you propose they do that?

Comment

• Bernard Hopkins was he only HBO commentator to be honest and say Andre Ward should have stopped Alexander Brand.

Hopkins is a fighter — he knows prime world-class boxers should be able to stop limited opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUndertaker View Post
                  For someone like Ward who is supposed to be head and shoulders levels ahead of Brand I would say Ward got touched a lot. Against that type of none opposition, Ward should of not only dominated but not even let Brand land anything on him and Brand still landed some flush shots on Ward's grill the type of shots that if Kovalev lands it will be lights out for Ward. Ward was winded, kept switching to southpaw which to me looked like Ward might have hurt his hand on Brand's elbow against the ropes, don't recall which round. It looks like Ward is finding out that the jump to Light Heavy might have been more than he bargained for and I still see no way for Ward to keep Kovalev off of him for any amount of time. Ward has no power and never scared anyone at Super Middleweight and he sure as hell will get no respect from Kovalev!
                  Do you remember what Dawson said in the ring after ward embarassed him? " he's a lot stronger than I expected." and He also said ward hits harder than it looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUndertaker View Post
                    Kovalev by brutal KO in 8 or less! Ward was winded and got touched a lot in that fight against an old man what do you think Krusher is going to do to him! Ward has no pop or power!
                    Tell it. Now the job is to convince the Ward fans. That will happen in Nov.

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                    Ward looked like the Super Six Ward SHARP! The robot from the east is finished!
                    Oh please, gimme a break.

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Andre definitely used his right hand more than in the last fight and showed the full set of tools tonight. I enjoyed the tune-up seeing him put everything together for the big one in November. My pick Ward 116-112 against Kov.
                    Full set of tools? Now you're just being silly.

Speed? He's slower
                    Combinations? Hardly ANY
                    November? Ward laid out flat within 8.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    Horrible, Kovalev destroys Ward

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                    Put your account on the line or some money. If not fall back and shut up
                    Friend, Ward proved he's way too safety first... yet he was still tagged... ALOT.

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    You got no idea what you are looking at lol , Kov will be much easier to land on than Brand , just a styles thing but you cant see it , Ward is no KO puncher and its strange for him to go looking for it against a very awkward style .

Kov coming forward in a more orthodox straight up and down way might be a case of Ward boxing the ears of the big guy , Sergy has got to land clean on Ward thats not easy .
                    Except in EVERY ONE of Wards last dozen fights AT LEAST, he's taken numerous clean shots. Do you really think he can stand up to Kovalev's? And BTW, you talk like Kovalev is some dumb hick who can't box. May wanna go back and look at some of his past half dozen fights friend.

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                    People need to realize brand is a tougher style for ward than kovalev South American warrior was always gonna be tough Ward v Kova is slick bruvva v stiff euuurobum and that only end 1 way
                    Yet Ward ALWAYS gets hit solid. And Kov is no way a 'eurobumm' as you call him.

Kov standing in the ring looking in awe of Ward. This reminds me of when Manny thanked Floyd for ALLOWING him to fight him. Kov looked shooked! Ward already won the fight.
                    Take the pills. You must remember to keep taking the pills.

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
                    Compubox says brand landed 45 punches for the entire 12 rounds. I would not call that getting touched a lot. I would call that barely getting touched.
                    Even if Kovalev only lands 45 (which isn't happening... he'll land over 100 easily)... do you really think Ward stands up to that many?

Kov and his fans are shooked! They have resigned themselves to a defeat at the hands of S.O.G.!
                    Shooked eh? Say, will you be refunding we taxpayers for that free 12 years education you obviously squandered? As for shook, not even remotely. Kovalev will have Ward P ing his trunks by mid rounds. It will happen, sorry to have to burst your bubble friend.

Originally posted by TheUndertaker View Post
                    For someone like Ward who is supposed to be head and shoulders levels ahead of Brand I would say Ward got touched a lot. Against that type of none opposition, Ward should of not only dominated but not even let Brand land anything on him and Brand still landed some flush shots on Ward's grill the type of shots that if Kovalev lands it will be lights out for Ward. Ward was winded, kept switching to southpaw which to me looked like Ward might have hurt his hand on Brand's elbow against the ropes, don't recall which round. It looks like Ward is finding out that the jump to Light Heavy might have been more than he bargained for and I still see no way for Ward to keep Kovalev off of him for any amount of time. Ward has no power and never scared anyone at Super Middleweight and he sure as hell will get no respect from Kovalev!
                    Yep. Plus, did you see that slick move Brand make early rounds, can't remember which... he slipped a punch and immediately pivoted round to do a slick uppercut on Ward. It didn't land flush, but I'm sure JDJ saw it, and will exploit it fully.

Comment

• This was a crap fight...

If you are having a cherrypick tuneup mismatch, at least get the guy outta there quickly like danny did Ron salka..
                      Going 12 with brand does not look good at all for Ward, especially if he is going to try and sell the public a PPv fight

Comment

Working...
                      X