No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    What's with some of the users in this thread. People disagree and all of a sudden someone is a nuthugge, a hater or know nothing about boxing. SMFH it's an OPINION.
    exactly man i posted my opinion and backed it up and got attacked like i was talking bout Charlie Zelenoff or something...

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      The statement that Floyd beat more champions is incorrect. I even gave Floyd the benefit of the doubt and inclufrd NABF and NABO champions.

Champions defeated by Mayweather:

Hernandez
      Jukko
      Vargas
      Corrales
      Hernandez
      Chavez
      Castillo x 2
      Corley
      Bruseles
      Judah
      Baldo
      Gatti
      Mitchell
      De La Hoya
      Hatton
      Marquez
      Mosley
      Ortiz
      Cotto

Total: 20

Whitaker:

Mayweather
      Ramirez x 2
      Haugen
      Pendleton
      Nelson
      Nazario
      Chavez
      Rivera x2
      Hurtado
      McGirt x 2
      Cardona
      Vazquez
      Rodriguez
      Jones
      Pineda
      Paez
      Brazier

Total: 20

I'm going to check these othet statements too
      Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Here's p4 p victories. Only includes guys that were on the list when they faced them:

Floyd:
      Marquez #3
      Hatton #8
      Corrales #5
      Mosley #3

Whitaker:
      Chavez #1
      McGirt#5
      Nelson #7

Take that how you want it
      see this guy has some nice posts..what im posting is very logical

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        It's not just about disagreeing, is how you disagree. For example, Mosley LW resume>>>>Nelson career resume.

Or Whitaker win over Azumah Nelson is just as good as Floyd win over Zab Judah.

If you have no idea who Whitaker or his opponents are or accomplished and pick Floyd. That's fine, it's ignorance is not knowing, it's cool.

However, to pretend and act like you know, and still say the crap that has been said on here like Duran is a carbon copy of Baldomir. And, Mosley is a top 20 ATG. Then yes nuthugger, hater, not knowing about boxing comes into play and it's well deserved.
        LMAO I call bull****. No no no no no way someone said some **** as moronic as that. Ok with statements like that you deserve to be berated.

I am speaking more on resume vs resume (without the needless resume bashing of course) I can say Floyd is more skille than Pernell and loo at some key victories and you can talk about Nelson JCC(dare an ******* to say that isn't a win) Ramirez and taking ODLH and Tito to the brink and its a nice healthy debate. This **** is a circus though

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
          exactly man i posted my opinion and backed it up and got attacked like i was talking bout Charlie Zelenoff or something...
          No one cares if you think Floyd is greater

When you start saying **** like Mosleys lightweight run is better than Azumah Nelsons career is when people rightfully start callin you a spaz

Comment

• Whitaker has better resume but I think Floyd would have won @ 147

Comment

Floyd has beat more world champions and more p4p fighters,he has more title fights and more title wins.his resume is better than Whitakers as of now and if whitaker is top 10-15 so is floyd
              Alright i gotta correct you;

Statement 1: he has beaten more world champions - incorrect. Both have beaten 20 a piece.

Statement 2: he has beaten more pound for pound fighters- correct. The count is 4-3 Floyd, but i would argue that the quality of Whitakers is stronger. Plus he fought McGirt twice. McGirt was removed after falling to Whitaker. So technically, you can count McGirt twice.

Statement 3: more title fights: incorrect whitaker 26 -21

Statement 4: more title wins: incorrect whitaker 23-21

Comment

• Gonna go with Sweet Pea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
                  Duran is a flat footed carbon copy of baldomir
                  I bullshit you not as you can see. I can go bring up other post that Larry and Mark also made that it's mind boggling to me. Larry even called a big time Floyd fan a hater for saying that Whitaker has the better resume.

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  LMAO I call bull****. No no no no no way someone said some **** as moronic as that. Ok with statements like that you deserve to be berated.

I am speaking more on resume vs resume (without the needless resume bashing of course) I can say Floyd is more skille than Pernell and loo at some key victories and you can talk about Nelson JCC(dare an ******* to say that isn't a win) Ramirez and taking ODLH and Tito to the brink and its a nice healthy debate. This **** is a circus though
                  It was said in here that the Chavez win wasn't a win it was a draw. And, that the first Ramirez fight was a lost. That Whitaker shouldn't get credit for such. Again, according to LarryX.

So what other conclusions can one come up with. When statements like that are made.

You know damn well they didn't see first Whitaker-Ramirez fight and Whitaker-Chavez fight. If they're not giving credit to Whitaker for those fights.

Comment

see this guy has some nice posts..what im posting is very logical
                    In no way shape or form Mosley was p4p #3 when Floyd fought him or Corrales being inside the top 10 p4p.

Comment

• Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
                      In no way shape or form Mosley was p4p #3 when Floyd fought him or Corrales being inside the top 10 p4p.
                      Ring Magazine #3 in 2009

Corrales ring magazine #5 in 2000

Comment

Working...
                      X