No announcement yet.

Ricky Burns - The Future.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Burns - The Future.

He's had a couple of poor performances in a row now - although he's definitely proved his heart & toughness in both.

He got lucky tonight although I only had him losing by a round or so.

I'm pretty certain the WBO will order a rematch with Beltran although I'm not sure how long Crawford has been the mandatory. And talking of Crawford, is he any good? I've never seen him fight.

But I always thought Burns was a tidy little boxer but since the Mitchell fight he's been trading on his toughness. He reminds me of Steve Collins in that sense (he was a boxer early on then a brawler later).

The Mitchell performance was excellent but maybe he needs to get back to basics. Or maybe he's not that good.

First step, get his jaw re-located.

I thought Burns reacted to the crowd far too much and didn't concentrate on his boxing. He didn't defend the left hook very well either.

Crawford looks pretty good, he moves around a lot and is not dissimilar to Bradley. He's a Bob Arum fighter so I expect the fight to be made unless they opt for Vasquez.

Comment

Hearn will not let Burns anywhere near Crawford if he has any sense. Crawford would absolutely obliterate Burns with ease.

Comment

It's a shame there's no domestic opponents for him.

There are a few good Lightweights in the UK but they're not World class.

Liam Walsh should get past Joe Murray and maybe he'll get a chance but it's hardly likely to capture the publics imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          It's a shame there's no domestic opponents for him.

There are a few good Lightweights in the UK but they're not World class.

Liam Walsh should get past Joe Murray and maybe he'll get a chance but it's hardly likely to capture the publics imagination.
          Yeah it's a shame. He's world champion, cough, cough. But he should be fighting sub par completion at the domestic level in the uk. What a ****ing joke.
          Don't worry he lose that title soon enough and he'll go back to fighting bums at that level.

Comment

Crawford is still fairly untested but he looks very good. I would favour him over Burns. Burns should look to get Vasquez (Most boring current world champion?) over for a unification or get Beltran back over for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              Yeah it's a shame. He's world champion, cough, cough. But he should be fighting sub par completion at the domestic level in the uk. What a ****ing joke.
              Don't worry he lose that title soon enough and he'll go back to fighting bums at that level.
              I think someone has a crush on Burns...

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                I posted on this site in the hope that the fake boxing fans wouldn't get involved.

Seems I was wrong.

Informed opinions welcome. Internet warriors can stay away.

Comment

I think the right thing to do would be to rematch Beltran.

With regard to his performance, I think people need to take into consideration that he fought for 10 rounds with a confirmed broken jaw. Anyone who has watched Burns over the years knows he is much better than that.

I would like to see Burns get back to his boxing more. He has one of the best jabs in the game and he needs to use it. The past couple of fights he has been looking to get into a brawl to impress the fans. In the Gonzalez fight he said to his trainer between rounds, "do you think the fight is a bit boring?"

Ricky Burns has never got the credit he deserves. A 2-weight world champion, over a 3 year reign. He has been proving people wrong all along the way and I believe he will continue to do so.

A 100% Ricky Burns beats Beltran comfortably. He beats Crawford or any of those guys. THE fight is with Vasquez who is best in the division.

Comment

I think he's on the slide tbh and he's lost something in the step up in weight too

Comment

Working...
                    X