Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prevent dogs from chasing you when you do your roadwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    With my dog the only danger you would be in is she might lick you to death...pure pitties had human aggression breed out of them 100's of years ago...it's the mixed pitties that you have to worry about.

oh, i didnt know that about pits..

but a buddy of mine had a pure(i believe) fullbred german pitbull and he was incredibly aggresive towards me, even though i used to feed him and walk him(more like he walked me)...beautiful dog, his ears stuck up and people thought he was mixed with boxer

i dont know what it was, but even when he was supposedly playing around with me, like biting onto the back of my boot, he scared the shiet outta me

he attacked a kid who's dumbass tried to pet him while my boy had him on a leash and animal control was gona put him down....instead, my boy cried with him and shot him the head and buried him in his backyard

i wish i had some pictures of that beautiful dog..he used to stay running on the doggie treadmill and had huge pecs, scaring the **** outta other dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
      oh, i didnt know that about pits..

but a buddy of mine had a pure(i believe) fullbred german pitbull and he was incredibly aggresive towards me, even though i used to feed him and walk him(more like he walked me)...beautiful dog, his ears stuck up and people thought he was mixed with boxer

i dont know what it was, but even when he was supposedly playing around with me, like biting onto the back of my boot, he scared the shiet outta me

he attacked a kid who's dumbass tried to pet him while my boy had him on a leash and animal control was gona put him down....instead, my boy cried with him and shot him the head and buried him in his backyard

i wish i had some pictures of that beautiful dog..he used to stay running on the doggie treadmill and had huge pecs, scaring the **** outta other dogs
      Never heard of a German Pitbull before...unless you mean a German Shepard/Pitbull cross...then yeah the German Sheperd has human aggression...that's why they make good guard dogs. That mix could make for a very nasty and dangerous dog if not raised properly.

Pitbulls that had human aggression were put down to create a breed that was safe for handlers and referees to get into the pits with and not get bitten...so over 100's of years they actually created the most human loving dog there is. It is really remarkably how cuddly and affectionate they are...and the truth of the matter is the Pitbull has the lowest incidence of human biting of all dogs with the Chihuahua being at the top of the list. But of course there are exceptions and when you mix them with dogs that do have human aggression in them then you can have a potentialy dangerous dog...and mixed Pitbulls tend to look like Pitbulls so this is where the bad rep comes from.

Also some people make them aggressive and train them to attack...and Pitties are very eager to please and will do whatever you want them to do and learn fast...so some people turn them bad. But I would say that in over 90% of cases the Pitbull is an incredible family pet...you just need to learn about these dogs and how to own them...it takes more than just teaching them basic commands because they are dog aggressive and you have to know how to control that...so not everyone makes a good Pitbull owner.
      Last edited by jaded; 11-30-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Shoot the ****

Comment

Working...
        X