Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm late, but the Ghost rather impressive vs Berto no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm late, but the Ghost rather impressive vs Berto no?

I found myself really surprised last night watching how he muscled through Berto. I always thought he'd be a weak welterweight. But he seemed strong as an ox.

With that said I actually wouldn't mind seeing him & Floyd fight now. I actually think that he's a far better opponent than ginger atm.
    I was.
    71.43%
    I was not.
    28.57%

That's more of Berto not being on PEDS.

Comment

His strength his chin and the overall nastiness he displayed was impressive.... I'm not too high on either Guerrero or Canelo fighting May but I have picked Canelo between him and Guerrero purely on size in the past.... Everything else Guerrero holds an edge in... So based on that I've softened my stance on a May-Guerrero fight plus the fact I want to see Cinnamon fight someone first

Comment

Nice to have you back Bush (and you were right about Trout-Cotto ). I wasn't impressed (meaning, his overall performance, his strength appeared solid), but I wouldn't necessarily dispute the bout if it gets signed, just wouldn't be ecstatic about it.
        Last edited by SCEN3RY; 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I agree. I mean I thought he was a wimp after that Yordan fight. Guess I wrong..

Comment

i was never a guerrerro fan... in fact, i disliked him as a fighter... inspirational wife cancer story aside, i was never really down for him.

i actually wanted berto to knock him out cold when the fight was about to start... but once i saw berto's "new" fight stance, i IMMEDIATELY began rooting for the ghost to demolish this pathetic fool. LOL

but i was very surprised by how guerrerro roughed up berto... i was impressed by his physicality and overall strength. berto is a solid WW too...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I found myself really surprised last night watching how he muscled through Berto. I always thought he'd be a weak welterweight. But he seemed strong as an ox.

With that said I actually wouldn't mind seeing him & Floyd fight now. I actually think that he's a far better opponent than ginger atm.
              Sup man, everything thing cool, you get hit by Sandy?

Comment

Very impressed. I'll be the first to admit I thought it was going to be very difficult for him to jump two weight divisions and be as effective as he has been. Berto and Aydin are very strong, powerful, natural welterweights and Guerrero took their best shots and kept his foot on the gas pedal.

That said, I was a fan of his at lightweight when he was more of a boxer/puncher. I hope this new mauling and brawling style is a new wrinkle to his game as opposed to a complete style change.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                  i was never a guerrerro fan... in fact, i disliked him as a fighter... inspirational wife cancer story aside, i was never really down for him.

i actually wanted berto to knock him out cold when the fight was about to start... but once i saw berto's "new" fight stance, i IMMEDIATELY began rooting for the ghost to demolish this pathetic fool. LOL

but i was very surprised by how guerrerro roughed up berto... i was impressed by his physicality and overall strength. berto is a solid WW too...
                  You don't like shoulder roll?

Comment

Berto's "Shoulder Roll" was horibbly pathetic. He had absoloutely no movement, just a shaking of the shoulder, while making stupid faces[FAIL]
                    Also i dont think he was focused in that fight, he was too busy worrying about how he was looking, look at his faces in that first round until he got caught. He was putting on a show for everyone else and not really paying full attention to RG i think.
                    He had alot of ego, not saying you cant because thats a part of boxing too but i think its a time and a place for it, and some people cant be ALI talk and fight, make faces, etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X