Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shaw: Stylistically Broner is a Tough Fight For DeMarco

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think golden boy should have had respect for demarco as a champion,putting broner on posters and all of these other things,i mean broner will probably win and all those things will come to him as a champ,but I think if one is the challenger respect should be showed

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      who ever gets off first should win, I seen demarco swole up havent seen broner yet but broner hasnt faces a hard hitter yet either./

No ducking I just don't break bread with your type of people. No ducking.
      enlighten me what kind of ppl u talking about? whats with the sublety just say whats on ur mind kid. u scared?

Comment

Broner's jab and left hook are very important in this fight. If you want to see how to take away a southpaw's base, jab and overall construct. Watch Ward-Dawson. Ward kept his left hand pawing and feinting right above Chad's right hand, and right before Ward would jab, he'd push Dawson's right hand down and flick a jab right after and step to Dawson's right side and would be completely out of range, that's how Ward deconstructed Dawson. Demarco is nowhere near as advanced as Dawson, not as fast or talented, but he still has solid fundamentals and decent boxing skills. And, the point still remains that a southpaw can have advantages against an orthodox fighter and can make things awkward, but when a southpaw is deconstructed like I described above, they are VERY vulnerable which explains why Dawson was so brutally outclassed, because when they are exposed physically and figuratively they are REALLY exposed.

I'm expecting Broner's left hook to be landing consistently along with the right hand to the body (Another VERY effective weapon against a southpaw). I also don't see Demarco presenting the smae issues for Broner as De Leon did due to the fact that Broner has improved over his last 4 fights, and also due to the fact that IMO while De Leon is a southpaw, he was also extremely active in that fight, while Demarco is typically lower volume, and also IMO De Leon has very good timing with his punches that I just don't see in Demarco.

Also, somewhat off topic, but Linares is tremendously overrated, yes he was gifted with quick hands, bot overall IMO he is nowhere near Broner's level defensively or technically. And I think so far that's been shown. Do people seriously think Broner would get stopped by a Sergio Thompson level fighter? Exactly. Linares has HORRIBLE defensive flaws. Not to mention a severely suspect chin. And Linares was having his way with Demarco until he was cut, now Demarco won fair and square but I'm just pointing out that Demarco is more limited then people realize.

Broner also hits quite a lot harder then Linares does I'd say. My prediction is Broner by TKO/RTD9. I think Demarco is a solid fighter who is just outclassed in this situation, and I think Shaw knows this which probably explains his abnormally passive and relaxed demeanor in lead up to this fight and at the weigh in. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
        X