No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shaw, Schaefer: Bradley Rejects Khan Deal, Moving On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shaw, Schaefer: Bradley Rejects Khan Deal, Moving On

Both Gary Shaw, and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions, have advised BoxingScene.com that WBC/WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley has rejected a revised offer to face WBA king Amir Khan on July 23. According to Shaw, Bradley rejected a final offer of "$1.4 million with an 80/20 [split in Bradley's favor] and a "50-50 split on the [UK] pay-per-view."

[Click Here To Read More]

Good move in the long term. Take your lumps from the fans now, take Khan later.

Comment

So... he's joining Top Rank?

Comment

I think Arum is screening Bradley for Pac , thats worth way more to Tim than to risk losing too Khan and blowing the Pac fight , same the other way if he beats Khan he is then too much of a risk for Arum , so Tim could be between a rock and a hard place in what way to play his hand .

I dont like Arum with his , we might fight so and so , because he usually is in talks with them , he had Clottey signed before neg with Floyd was over because it was announced the next day , Margo said he was promised the fight just after Floyd beat Mosley , Arum only just threw Margos name out there at the time , well thats what he wanted us to think , Margo said it was promised .

Comment

bradley is hanging out with floyd..........................too damn much............

Comment

Hbo shoud tell him he's never fighting for them again and watch how quick he signs that contract.

Make an example out of him and stop letting fighters like bradley negotiate like there superstars. Hbo should be ashamed of letting these guys boss them around like this.

Sad part is I bet he wants to take the fight and this all shaws doing. Bradley wouldn't in his right mind turn this fight Down.

Comment

quack quack..........

Comment

Timmy better do something big after rejecting this

He's lost Alot of my respect

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Hbo shoud tell him he's never fighting for them again and watch how quick he signs that contract.

Make an example out of him and stop letting fighters like bradley negotiate like there superstars. Hbo should be ashamed of letting these guys boss them around like this.

Sad part is I bet he wants to take the fight and this all shaws doing. Bradley wouldn't in his right mind turn this fight Down.
                  Its a hard one to figure this , Bradley is a scrapper Im sure thinks he can beat Khan , and he was calling him out ,,, soooooooo what changed ,, Arum !! ol Bob has started to mention him , gut feeling tells me they have had words .

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post

Problem is HBO simply cannot do that; they promised Bradley I believe at least one more fight with a guarantee of a cool million. They will still have to approve of the opponent, though, so hopefully HBO won't allow him to pull some bull**** if he doesn't get a fight with pacquiao or mayweather

Comment

Working...
                    X