No announcement yet.

who had the better career Tony Canzoneri or Barney Ross

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who had the better career Tony Canzoneri or Barney Ross

Your Thoughts please. I realize Barney has win's over Tony but was tony past his prime when these fights took place?

Ross, althought Tony was a terrific boxer very few can match Barney for accomplishments!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
      Your Thoughts please. I realize Barney has win's over Tony but was tony past his prime when these fights took place?
      I might just lean towards Ross who was gifted and also was a great technician and his chin was pretty legendary. Barney was the type of boxer with the degrees of toughness and boxing skills that wouldn't be out of place either in the modern era or an era preceeding him. Tony was however one of the types of slugger/boxer/streetfighter I have always admired, although he looks easy to hit he is elusive yet stands right in front of you. Opponents were always very wary of jumping in to the offensive because his punches came from many angles, usually coming from low down, Tony was great at catching you on the way in and what I love most is that he is always punching. Offensively I cannot separate them but Barney Ross gets my vote because of that chin and that great defence of his.

Comment

Working...
      X