No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux Deny The Claims on Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
    I'm not being biased, I'm just speaking fact about each of those fighters mentioned. Gamboa came off of a long layoff, but that's his own fault. He should've let the Pro's do the politican for him and stay sharp in the ring. Gamboa tried to play the game letting people whisper sweet nothing's in his ear and now has a long way to go to get back to being a contender again.
    He is ranked # 1 @ 130 by the Ring right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
      He is ranked # 1 @ 130 by the Ring right now...
      Actually he is ranked 4th by RING Magazine... Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
        Actually he is ranked 4th by RING Magazine... Nice try though.
        He is ranked # 1 contender...after the belt holders of course..we been talking about contenders..

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
          **** the knowledge...the fact of the matter is that Rigo needs to earn a fight with Nonito. You can't demand a fight with the best when you only have 11 fights in your career. Even Chavez, Jr. gets more credit than this kid. You're just hating because you're Cuban and are being biased in favor of your Cuban fighters. That's why Gamboa is gonna get KTFO next year. The only fighter that is worthy of mentioning in your list is ummm nobody yet. Gamboa sucked on his return and needs to get off 50's nuts, Santana is still a prospect, Rigo still has a lonnngggg way to go before being worthy of a mention, Lara has gotten robbed, and Kid Chocolate will get owned as soon as he faces real competition (he tires out in the second half of fights).
          this logic is terribly flawed, did Vasquez or mathebula earn a shot at donaire? tard

Comment

He is ranked # 1 contender...after the belt holders of course..we been talking about contenders..
            He is the number 1 contender for the WBA strap. But you said he was ranked number 1 by RING Magazine, as stated by your quote above. Just correcting you thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              this logic is terribly flawed, did Vasquez or mathebula earn a shot at donaire? tard
              It was originally supposed to be Donaire vs Arce for the WBO strap but Arce vacated to try and win a belt at 118. Next in line at that time for the WBO rankings was WV2. As for Mathebula he was the IBF champion. He has over twice as many pro fights then Rigondeaux so it would be easier to market that fight to the general public.

Not saying Rigo doesn't deserve a shot because I would like to see the fight myself. But from a business and marketing standpoint, matching Donaire up with those guys was a better guy then going straight with a Rigo fight.

Comment

He is the number 1 contender for the WBA strap. But you said he was ranked number 1 by RING Magazine, as stated by your quote above. Just correcting you thats all.
                Read again bro...you are trying to criticize to hard he said Gamboa is long away to be consider again a CONTENDER..read and then criticize..so I replyed to him that he is the # 1 contender by the ring magazine...

Comment

Read again bro...you are trying to criticize to hard he said Gamboa is long away to be consider again a CONTENDER..read and then criticize..so I replyed to him that he is the # 1 contender by the ring magazine...
                  Im reading what you're saying and half the time I cant understand you. If english isn't your first language, no problem... Props for trying.

But you first wrote that Gamboa is ranked number 1 by RING Magazine which he isn't by the way. And who is Gamboa number one contender to? There are 4 major sanctioning bodies and of the 4 the only one that he is ranked the number one contender to if I remember right is the WBA.

Comment

Im reading what you're saying and half the time I cant understand you. If english isn't your first language, no problem... Props for trying.

But you first wrote that Gamboa is ranked number 1 by RING Magazine which he isn't by the way. And who is Gamboa number one contender to? There are 4 major sanctioning bodies and of the 4 the only one that he is ranked the number one contender to if I remember right is the WBA.
                    Bro..please..read his comment..then analyse my answer..thanks..

Comment

He said Gamboa is far from being a COTENDER again...so I answered him that Gamboa is # 1 (CONTENDER)@ 130 by the ring...

Comment

Working...
                      X