Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell has Lucas Matthysse accomplished in the sport of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Peterson was the IBF champion and real #1 welterweight contender at the time. That's a very good win for Matthysse. Just cause it was easy work doesn't make Peterson a bum.
    I'm not impressed by Lamont Peterson. He's a solid fighter who's not that good. His best win is a controversial win over Amir Khan for crying out loud. If your claim to fame is beating Lamont Peterson, that doesn't say much for your career. Btw, lmao @ IBF champion like that means anything. Belts are irrelevant.

Comment

His a hype job and was exposed and destroyed by Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
        He beat Zab n definatly beat Alexander. And Danny didn't son him. Chino soned Broner, Danny just beat Lucas. His knockdown was a bit cheap IMO. And I'm a huge DSG fan just in case u think I'm one of Lucas' former nuthuggers. I say former cuz they abandoned him after Garcia beat him.
        Judah and Alexander aren't very good. What's so impressive about having competitive fights with both? Danny beat Matthysse's ass decisively.

Comment

How about destroying, and I mean destroying as in ending him, a world champion most of you thought would easily walk all over Matthysse?
          Broner fans are starting to crawl out from under their rocks.

Comment

One of the biggest hype jobs in all of boxing this year. With that said, he's a very solid fighter but not an elite level fighter. When will people learn and realize that boxing is more then just power punching? A fighters power can only take them so far and that's when actual boxing skills need to come into play, when power isn't getting the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
              Judah and Alexander aren't very good. What's so impressive about having competitive fights with both? Danny beat Matthysse's ass decisively.
              Winning by 1 round with the ref on your side, and and a fluke punch that closed one of Matthysse's eyes is beating his ass decisively?

Man you must be mad about Maidana completely embarrassing Broner if you felt the need to even bring this fight up. Go take a nap.

People need to learn what a hype job is too. One of the only examples I can think of is Broner. You just got the best example of all time. Can't stand how often people throw the word hype job around. Juanma was a hype job, Jeff Lacey was a hype job, Berto was a Hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                How about destroying, and I mean destroying as in ending him, a world champion most of you thought would easily walk all over Matthysse?
                Broner fans are starting to crawl out from under their rocks.
                Funny you say that because you haven't been around for quite a while and since Maidana beat Broner you've suddenly found a way out fomr under your rock aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Matthysse is a beast.

He proved that in the Peterson fight. Look how many good fighters Peterson has fought, no one's done that to me. Got to mean something.

He clearly but Alexander aswell.

I do agree though that he didn't impressive me in the Judah fight although I thought he edged it.

That said, he's definitely a good fighter. I'd pick him to beat most of 140. Infact, everyone except Danny Garcia.
                  A beast based on what? KO Lamont Peterson? Lol it takes a lot more than THAT to make a fighter great. By that logic Rahman and McCall are beasts for KO Lewis. Facts are facts and he has beaten nobody of consequence. He should move up to WW to prove himself.

Comment

People like Lucas Matthysse as he is exciting and a big puncher. It's a recipe that attracts fans. Plus he is a warrior who gives his all.

#fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      I'm not impressed by Lamont Peterson. .
                      Doesn't matter. He was a legit top 3 junior welterweight contender. Matthysse beats ranked contenders. That's what your supposed to do in boxing until you work your way up and get a shot at the division title. He did that and lost to a better fighter. The only joke fight was Dallas Jr. who was a late replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X