Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRIME paul williams vs GGG. How does it play out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Margarito was a damn good fighter but he was nowhere near the boxer that Golovkin is. Golovkin's a really clinical puncher with legit power, accuracy, and great balance. He doesn't just unload like Tony did. Margarito was a saturation bomber, Golovkin's all about precision.
    Golovkin isn't a great boxer by any stretch of the imagination. He has great power. That's what really sets him apart from the other MW's.

Just like Margarito's chin and determination set him apart from the other top WW's of his day. Neither are great boxers, but they both had their unique qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
      Actually, he isn't a great boxer. LMAO. His power and chin allows him get away with a ton of mistakes. Leaving himself too squared up. Blocking with his gloves, and face too much, and overall bad footwork.
      I can agree with you about his tdefense but he's getting better in that department with every fight. Footwork? Come on he cuts off the ring like nobody in the game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        I can agree with you about his tdefense but he's getting better in that department with every fight. Footwork? Come on he cuts off the ring like nobody in the game right now.
        Because he hasn't faced a very good boxer yet. I wanna see how well he does against Martinez, then we can talk.

Comment

To me this is an easy fight to call. Even in his prime Williams was not hard to hit. He came forward throwing 100 punches a round. His offense was his defense. He was a welterweight. GGG. is a super punching middleweight with good speed and skill. He would love to slug it out with Williams and he would KO him in a round or two the same way he would have KOed a prime Margarito in a simular thread that was recently on here.Any middleweight that slugs it out with GGG. is going to lose in my opinion. No welterweight stands any chance of beating him.

Comment

Because he hasn't faced a very good boxer yet. I wanna see how well he does against Martinez, then we can talk.
            Well yeah we all want to see how he does against Sergio, but as for now he looks more than great.

Comment

Well yeah we all want to see how he does against Sergio, but as for now he looks more than great.
              I'm not here to bash GGG at all. I love the way the kid fights, and I truly hope he becomes a monster, so we can stop talking about Pac/Floyd.

But you gotta admit, his competition is a big reason why he looks so great.

IF he totally decimates Macklin, and Geale, then I'll be on board.

Comment

You can't knock Golovkin's footwork. He closes distance and cuts of the ring very well and you can't maintain your balance like he does as an offensive fighter if your footwork isn't tight. He can be slow on his feet alright as he does sit down on a big percentage of his shots, so you can see where an elusive fighter might trouble him. He does have that head jolting jab however which is always going to help against that type of opponent.

Comment

I'm not here to bash GGG at all. I love the way the kid fights, and I truly hope he becomes a monster, so we can stop talking about Pac/Floyd.

But you gotta admit, his competition is a big reason why he looks so great.

IF he totally decimates Macklin, and Geale, then I'll be on board.
                  Look I'm not saying you're bashing Golovkin, but his career de facto started after he beat Proksa, and yes I will agree he hasn't faced Top 10 (but I believe Proksa, was and is Top 10) but unlike other great prospects he called out everyone from 154 to 168. I know why you have your doubts but I truly believe GGG will be the next big thing

Comment

Look I'm not saying you're bashing Golovkin, but his career de facto started after he beat Proksa, and yes I will agree he hasn't faced Top 10 (but I believe Proksa, was and is Top 10) but unlike other great prospects he called out everyone from 154 to 168. I know why you have your doubts but I truly believe GGG will be the next big thing
                    That's what I love about GGG. He WANTS to fight the best. That alone gets my respect.

The man was calling out Andre Ward!!! How can you hate the guy!?

Comment

Working...
                    X