No announcement yet.

Khan Should Be Careful What He Asks For

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
    what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ?!?!?!?!

broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to see you man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Back at ya bro. I'm like Walt's cheap ass Seiko watch. Takes a licking, and keep's on ticking.

Comment

I just can't see Khan really taking enough personal accountability in this situation to really get better from it.

Ok it was a close fight I can understand getting upset, but carrying on like this is not the path to improvement, he would have to realize why it was a close fight and then try to fix those problems. Making excuses will not make him a better fighter~

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        The guys confidence has taken a hit. He has been exposed for his weaknesses by Peterson, a fighter who is good but not great.

He should just shut his mouth, go back to the drawing board, and fight a couple Salita's or McCloskey's to get his mojo back and work on his inside game.

Instead he keeps barking up the tree of Peterson and he is going to be in for a rude awakening if he gets the rematch that he continues to cry for.

The fighters and fights I would compare this to are the 2 matches between Pascal and Hopkins.

Like Pascal, Khan was able to take the early rounds by running around like a silly f@ggot and jumping in then running away. Once Hopkins solved Pascal, like Peterson did Khan, he beat his ass like a drum down the stretch.

As we saw with the rematch Hopkins came in knowing what he needed to do, there was no 4 round adjustment period like there was in the 1st fight. He schooled Pascal from start to finish as Jean was never able to get into his bull**** style.

Same will happen if Peterson and Khan fight again next. Peterson will come out from the first minute of the first round knowing what works and knowing Khan couldn't fight off his own mother on the inside. He will bust Khans ass up twice as bad as he did the first time.

So like I said, be careful what you ask for.

Khan is gonna get his **** kicked in if he gets Peterson again and his excuse next time will be even gayer than it was the first time around.
        Excellent post !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I just can't see Khan really taking enough personal accountability in this situation to really get better from it.

Ok it was a close fight I can understand getting upset, but carrying on like this is not the path to improvement, he would have to realize why it was a close fight and then try to fix those problems. Making excuses will not make him a better fighter~
          I agree with this.

Rather than *****ing and complaining, Khan should look at the holes in his game that made the fight so close and competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
            okay all your points. khan beats him in the rematch.

points where your mouth is.
            Khan beats him in the rematch, or Khan gets a bull****, robbery decision in the rematch? Those, as you can see, are 2 totally different outcomes.

Comment

The fact is, there is very little subtlety to Khan's style, all he does is utilize his speed to overwhelm you and when that stops working, he resorts to moving around to avoid you. He stops engaging, and only throws the occasional flurry to show that he's doing something, but it isn't too effective when the guy you're fighting is just as big as you. Instead of countering, Khan uses his legs to dodge punches, so the dude is CONSTANTLY moving and he starts to look ******ed in the process. He even fell in the fight because of it. That, coupled with the fact that he has a weak inside game, will once again play in Peterson's favor. Peterson WAS making mistakes too, like squaring up too much and allowing Khan to bang away at his guard while landing some up the middle. He needs to remember to lead in with the jab, and just try and come in better prepared stamina-wise.

Khan is simply not mentally prepared for a guy to bully him around the ring, and bang away at his body. He depends on his attributes to get him through, not his skill-set. Peterson has even more of a chance to win the second time because he has felt Khan's power and knows that Khan can't put him away. If Khan thought it was hard the first time around, he'll be surprised the 2nd time around. It's a battle of attrition, and when Khan is forced to fight instead of flurry and pot-shot, he doesn't have the ability to make the proper adjustments. He should be happy Peterson doesn't punch harder, or he would've got him outta there.

As long as the ref allows them to fight on the inside, I think Peterson will be fine. Somebody need to tell that ref he did a good job lol
              Last edited by kiaba360; 01-08-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

I agree with Hitman, Peterson will only beat Khan worse in a rematch.

Khan should take his chances with Prescott in England, which he probably will only get him k.o'd, but at least he'll prove he's not a sissy by trying to avenge his brutal k.o loss.

Aside from that, Khan has nowhere to go.

Even an old JMM will knock him out, he's at best 50/50 against Bradley, he's ducking Maidana and he'll get destroyed by Ortiz or Berto if he moves up.

Khan is the definition of a bum hypejob.

Comment

The rematch is no easy fight for Khan at best he will squeak out a not very convincing points win and could really do with a big ring and Cortez to break up the infighting.
                  Peterson is a nice guy but Khan's antics must be anoying him. I can see him being more motivated in this fight to prove a point.
                  Khan really needs to work on his non existant in fighting skills and that is going to take time and he should take on some Salita type heros untill he has the skills to compete at elite level otherwise he will lose again and no level of excuses and spin will convince even his most die hard fans that he is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    The guys confidence has taken a hit. He has been exposed for his weaknesses by Peterson, a fighter who is good but not great.

He should just shut his mouth, go back to the drawing board, and fight a couple Salita's or McCloskey's to get his mojo back and work on his inside game.

Instead he keeps barking up the tree of Peterson and he is going to be in for a rude awakening if he gets the rematch that he continues to cry for.

The fighters and fights I would compare this to are the 2 matches between Pascal and Hopkins.

Like Pascal, Khan was able to take the early rounds by running around like a silly f@ggot and jumping in then running away. Once Hopkins solved Pascal, like Peterson did Khan, he beat his ass like a drum down the stretch.

As we saw with the rematch Hopkins came in knowing what he needed to do, there was no 4 round adjustment period like there was in the 1st fight. He schooled Pascal from start to finish as Jean was never able to get into his bull**** style.

Same will happen if Peterson and Khan fight again next. Peterson will come out from the first minute of the first round knowing what works and knowing Khan couldn't fight off his own mother on the inside. He will bust Khans ass up twice as bad as he did the first time.

So like I said, be careful what you ask for.

Khan is gonna get his **** kicked in if he gets Peterson again and his excuse next time will be even gayer than it was the first time around.

you still mad because you lost money betting against khan...lol...

Comment

Unless Khan has significantly improved (which I do doubt) I see the fight going similar to last time.

Khan just struggles with pressure fighters and he doesn't have the boxing IQ to adapt during the fight and make the right adjustments to win a fight.

I mean he complained about Peterson coming in with his head low; so why not take one/two steps back and throw an uppercut?

The Pascal/Hopkins reference is a pretty interesting one and could well be on the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X