No announcement yet.

Naazim richardson: "pacquiao should be treated as a full-fledged welterweight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    on the other hand, not only is it not one of his most memorable wins, nobody really considers that fight to be one of his great ones.
    Sure, but you can't assess an entire career on one fight. Leonard = great. Period.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 5.0 View Post
      145 catchweight was garbage and it will hurt the legacy of that win when years from now people look back at it.
      Amongst real boxing analysts you are correct.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Nobody will remember what they weighed years from now or care.
      Real boxing fans will.

Pacquiao despite his tremendous performance against Cotto did not beat a welterweight. He beat a 145lb fighter. The welterweight limit is 147lbs.

Pacquiao still has not fought a welterweight up until this point in his career. That will likely change in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Marquez View Post
        But nobody ever really considers that LHW championship as real. SRL gets credit for fighting Hagler, etc at the real limits.
        yeah beating donny lalonde isnt impressive in the first place, even less if u make him drop down a division. im yet to see someone bring that fight up when talking about SRLs greatness though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
          http://fighthype.com/pages/content6344.html

"If shane was to ever fight pacquiao, if anybody in our camp told shane he was the bigger man, i would put them out in my camp"
          Nazim Richardson is a crafty dude. Good for him that he's smart enough to be the only person not running around claiming Pac is tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
            It takes nothing away from his overall greatness.
            Sure it does...he was a great fighter in his day but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how much losing weight can affect a fighter negatively.

Comment

Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
              http://fighthype.com/pages/content6344.html

"If shane was to ever fight pacquiao, if anybody in our camp told shane he was the bigger man, i would put them out in my camp"
              pac was officially 138 lbs when he fought hatton... he's the smaller guy

Comment

People seem to keep making excuses for Pac, if your going to be the Welter Weight Champion fight at the legitmate weight then and stop trying to make these catch weights all the damn time, its ruining the point of WEIGHT CLASSES but I guess thats fine with the Pac fans lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
                  People seem to keep making excuses for Pac, if your going to be the Welter Weight Champion fight at the legitmate weight then and stop trying to make these catch weights all the damn time, its ruining the point of WEIGHT CLASSES but I guess thats fine with the Pac fans lol
                  did you know that pac officially weighed in at 138 lbs against hatton just last spring?

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
                    I think Cotto was the actual welterweight test (regardless of the catch weight of 145 lbs) I was rooting for Cotto to KO Pac in 10; with timing and boxing skill...but unfortunately Cotto came up short. Now people can speculate all they want about Cotto, but the truth of the matter is Pac was simply a stronger/faster/fresher fighter that night. My sole point is, I don't think there is any difference as to what Pac does in 145 to 147. Cotto was competitive in the first 5 rounds or so...but Pac became the stronger fighter as the fight progressed.

I'd would be dissappointed if Pac's next fight (or two) remains in a "mannyweight". Then one can argue that he has not fought at welterweight. As of right now...Cotto was the closest, truest welterweight Pac fought, that did not make any excuses about the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
                      Lol, I think Team Pacq have been decieving a lot of people with the "Smaller man" stuff, Pac isnt small anymore to the viewing eye but he can still make 142 ish without too much hurt on his body, They gain an advantage by having Cotto to come down to 145, Very smart of them.
                      You mean cowardly....not smart right???

How does he tell Cotto to weigh 145......

Then he comes in the ring stron, big and powerlful.....waxes Cotto....

Then moves up to 154 in his next fight???

PU55Y.

Comment

Working...
                      X