No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver-Jonathan Banks Set, 9/29 In Hidalgo, TX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver-Jonathan Banks Set, 9/29 In Hidalgo, TX

Antonio Tarver had the right month and state in mind for his planned comeback, though the exact date, venue and opponent have all since been firmed up for the former light heavyweight titlist.

A heavyweight bout between Tarver and Johnathon Banks is confirmed for September 29, taking place at the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. The bout will air live on Fox Sports 1. The undercard will feature the pro debut of Tarver's son, Antonio Tarver Jr., though no official word as to whether or not that part of the card will make the televised broadcast. [Click Here To Read More]

ZERO interest in this fight. I was at Banks-Mitchell 2, and I honestly felt that he threw the fight.

Comment

Whenever I see a fight like this being made, I always wonder who the **** cares? Seriously, who in the world ever said, I want to see milk dud head vs banks?

Nobody, so why the **** does it get made?

Comment

Banks is ****e and Tarver is shot so must be a great fight!

Comment

I'm actually ok with this fight. They're pretty evenly matched and neither is completely garbage, so it may be pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Whenever I see a fight like this being made, I always wonder who the **** cares? Seriously, who in the world ever said, I want to see milk dud head vs banks?

Nobody, so why the **** does it get made?
            That's the trend in boxing now, making fights nobody wants to see and trying to convince people they do want to see it.

Comment

I'm from the rio grande valley and I will definitely not be going to this fight. This is going to be a huge failure. Just a terrible fight with no meaning to the landscape of boxing

Comment

I'm interested in watching Tarver as a HW but not too thrilled about him facing Jonathon Banks. I'll watch it doe

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
                  I'm actually ok with this fight. They're pretty evenly matched and neither is completely garbage, so it may be pretty entertaining.
                  Me too, at least they are maybe top 20ish...im looking for the cup half full thing here, but there are worse fights that could be made.

Not to change the topic but it was weird when Williams ran over to T Atlas after the fight last week, kind of uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
                    ZERO interest in this fight. I was at Banks-Mitchell 2, and I honestly felt that he threw the fight.
                    of course he threw the fight and i'm sure he will throw this one as well

Comment

Working...
                    X