No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Does Not Expect an Easy Fight With Cano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Does Not Expect an Easy Fight With Cano

Pablo Cesar Cano wouldn’t have been Paulie Malignaggi’s first choice for what the Brooklyn native hopes is the first of several fights at the borough’s brand new Barclays Center.

The WBA welterweight champion cannot afford, however, to consider Cano anything other than a serious threat to take his title Oct. 20 at the new home of the NBA’s Nets. Malignaggi’s grand plan includes a rematch against Ricky Hatton (45-2, 32 KOs), the wildly popular British star Malignaggi expects to come out of retirement sometime in 2013. [Click Here To Read More]

Well

This should be a good fight. I saw the fight Morales vs Cano and after the fight Morales said that Cano punches hard, this is the first time I have heard Morales say that a boxer punches hard. I did not hear him say pacquiao punches hard, Morales said he killed himself to make weight in those fights with pacquiao since he was going to get fine like hundreds of thousands of dollars for a pound overweight. Against Maidana he never said he punches hard.

Comment

Really like Paulie, seems a nice guy and always has time for everyone. Glad he's got a nice payday back in his hometown after having to go to the Ukraine, Vegas and Texas in the past. Don't expect Cano to lie down as he's a decent operator and has more time to prepare for this than Morales but have been impressed with Paulie's resurgence since moving up to WW and expect him to edge this on points. Hopefully after this a possible unification with Bailey/Alexander winner - if his hands are feeling good he could give a real go with the right venue/judges.

Comment

Uh... I believe Malignaggi's record is 31-4-0 (7 KOs), not 31-4-0 (27 KOs) as stated in the article.

Comment

Cano ducked Guzman.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Cano ducked Guzman.
            To fight on Showtime for a WW title against Paulie?

Comment

Originally posted by extant View Post
              Uh... I believe Malignaggi's record is 31-4-0 (7 KOs), not 31-4-0 (27 KOs) as stated in the article.
              lol, i was going to type the same thing.. lol, Paulie have pillow hands and cannot get 27 KOs.

Comment

Honestly who cares? WTF is golden boy doing? This is the first fight in that arena, and there giving Brooklyn Garcia Vs morales and paulie Vs cano?

I have 0 interest in this trash.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Honestly who cares? WTF is golden boy doing? This is the first fight in that arena, and there giving Brooklyn Garcia Vs morales and paulie Vs cano?

I have 0 interest in this trash.
                  Also Quillin-Rubio and Daniel Jacobs and a prospect from Brooklyn New York.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
                    Also Quillin-Rubio and Daniel Jacobs and a prospect from Brooklyn New York.
                    I camt stand quillen, and Jacobs hasn't fought in how long? This is a **** card IMO. Brooklyn could be a hot bed for boxing, golden is handing BK a pile of ****.

PS, none of these fighters are really all that loved in BK. Jacobs never fought pro in ny once, quill in is notorious for selling tickets and never showing upmto fight in ny, malignaggi has never been a draw here.

The only way this card may do well is because it's the first in this arena, now if they out Garcia Vs Judah, they'll pack that fcker out.

Comment

Working...
                    X